Driving class and...

Was told to print off the I-9 document and to bring in the required Id's for verification. On the site I noticed something interesting. It shows Preloader as the position and not driver (assuming they are going to pay preload scale during training?) Or did they change my position without telling me?

Also I was told that the first two days of class training isn't paid. Classes for the driving training has been Saturday, Sunday so far with Monday and Tuesday coming up. How can I spend 8 hours in a class doing learning modules and not get paid?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Was told to print off the I-9 document and to bring in the required Id's for verification. On the site I noticed something interesting. It shows Preloader as the position and not driver (assuming they are going to pay preload scale during training?) Or did they change my position without telling me?

Also I was told that the first two days of class training isn't paid. Classes for the driving training has been Saturday, Sunday so far with Monday and Tuesday coming up. How can I spend 8 hours in a class doing learning modules and not get paid?
Maybe listed as preload to get away with hiring an outside employee as an inside employee. Any time working for UPS is paid, training or not.

Future

Victory Ride
adopted-joke.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Driving class training is definitely paid....

robertzinglar

Interesting question/concern but true. Finished all the module training and took the test (rules and commentary) and left with a preloader position. Must be normal practices at UPS. Hire someone for x position and give them y once they successfully complete training. Tell them driver pay is x amount and leave training being told you will be paid almost 1/3 that amount. Guess we are being hired on late as seasonal driver "reserves" by placing us as preloaders.

Honesty and Integrity.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's not an attempt to screw folks into getting hired. Plenty of people need a job and UPS hands them out like they're running for public office. Would you rather they interviewed you for the driving job, then told you they don't have one quite yet so go ahead and wait? It seems to me like they did you a solid by at least working you doing something until the need appeared.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Interesting question/concern but true. Finished all the module training and took the test (rules and commentary) and left with a preloader position. Must be normal practices at UPS. Hire someone for x position and give them y once they successfully complete training. Tell them driver pay is x amount and leave training being told you will be paid almost 1/3 that amount. Guess we are being hired on late as seasonal driver "reserves" by placing us as preloaders.

Honesty and Integrity.
How are you making almost a 1/3 of seasonal driver pay?

Zap!

I am training in driving class now in NJ (day 2 just completed), and still haven't found out about training pay. Did a search here and found very little, and what I did find out was conflicting. So recent trainees, what is it?

Another thing. Some have said they will train on Saturday or Sunday. Here we complete our course Monday (test day). So no weekend.