Driving full-time

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
2 yrs clerk, preload/reload/truck washer/gasser.
6 yrs as preload sup. never loaded a car in my career, that should tell the wanna be sups something. Thankfully I had friends who helped me achieve. Asked to leave my center and go 70 miles away to take a driver job. Which involved quitting and being rehired in said ctr 70 mi away. No opportunity in my home center for an outside hire for at least 8 yrs. Which gay sup got to go driving 2 months later.
Left my home, my family, for a job, it was not worth it. And even when an opening existed, which they kept sending me back to, to run routes, wouldnt let me move back to home center.
Mother dying of cancer, gave letter to Dm, which I got no answer to. Just wanted to go see her nightly, which I could do when I worked there, didnt happen.
Go somewhere else, wish I would have. There are other companies that pay well, go while you are young.

Logb17

worked part time and sat air, some cover for 4 years. Went FT in 2005 hated it, and sent myself back. Continued sorting and working sat air making 40k a year. Just went driving again 3 months ago. Still hate it, but want the wife to stay home with the kids. Some days I regret my choice to go FT driving, some days im thankful for the job.

yeldarb

worked part time and sat air, some cover for 4 years. Went FT in 2005 hated it, and sent myself back. Continued sorting and working sat air making 40k a year. Just went driving again 3 months ago. Still hate it, but want the wife to stay home with the kids. Some days I regret my choice to go FT driving, some days im thankful for the job.

Learn to be thankful and appreciate it. Its been better in the past as a driver, It likely will get better. All of us have the same goals, to provide for ourselves, our family and our future. The now is what is most important. A good attitude goes a long way in a bad environment. There are days I hated driving and felt like I was getting screwed, but it is what it is. Make the best of it, and use UPS to help attain your goals.

S

splozi

Is there something on your driving record that can prevent you from becoming a driver? Has it had to have occurred within the past x years?

S

splozi

What is on yours? DUI?

It's more of a general question.

Would a DUI prevent a person from becoming a driver? If so, does it have to have happened in recent years?
What about speeding violations, or "improper driving"? Same question about time.
Are there union rules on this... or is it a judgement call on their part?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Learn to be thankful and appreciate it. Its been better in the past as a driver, It likely will get better. All of us have the same goals, to provide for ourselves, our family and our future. The now is what is most important. A good attitude goes a long way in a bad environment. There are days I hated driving and felt like I was getting screwed, but it is what it is. Make the best of it, and use UPS to help attain your goals.

It is highly unlikely that it will get better.