Driving information

scjosh2005

New to the site but i have been working for ups as a loader for 1 year and 3 months. I never call in and am always on time (not to brag) but i am a top five loader in the building (piece per hour) wise and missort wise. This being said i want a realistic time frame for which i will be given a shot to drive. I work at the spartanburg sc hub and have been told by some its a 4 year wait and other employees that its upwards of 10 years.And what could i do to speed the process up beside fill out the list everytime they put one up? thanks in advanced any advice would be awesome!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ask HR. it's all based on seniority. I drove in under 2 years. Had a buddy at the same center that wanted to finish school first. Economy tanked and he had to wait 4 years after me because he wanted to finish school and then they hired no one for awhile.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's very center oriented. Best bet is to talk to your HR person. They'll at least have a sorta clue. I have to wonder about my HR...or ask the OMS people. They actually have a pretty good grasp on how the center runs and know the drivers. They're the ones sitting in the office taking calls.

S

serenity now

your performance has nothing to do with you securing a driving position; it's all about doing the time