Driving jobs galore in my local

Seahawks17

In the past month alone, over 50+ driving positions have opened up in my hub and no PT are signing up to go driving. New PT's who were hired weeks ago are going driving. They are literally hiring drivers off the street. I would go driving myself, but am unable to as I did try and failed the DOT physical because of my vision. I can't believe how many FT jobs are opening up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

In the past month alone, over 50+ driving positions have opened up in my hub and no PT are signing up to go driving. New PT's who were hired weeks ago are going driving. They are literally hiring drivers off the street. I would go driving myself, but am unable to as I did try and failed the DOT physical because of my vision. I can't believe how many FT jobs are opening up.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What building? Are they looking at the transfer list? I'm tired of my building.

30yearstolife

Lots of drivers retiring or is it because of the volume?
I my area, I think it is a simple matter of economics. It is finally cheaper to street an additional car than pay triple time for 9.5 grievances. Double time penalty was not enough to tip the scales, triple time is.

Maple7

I believe it 100 percent. My hub in Oregon is doing the same. Already about 30 new drivers since Xmas and it sounds like they are going to continue to bring 1 driver on per center per week till September. Moving on up!

MethodsMan

I believe it 100 percent. My hub in Oregon is doing the same. Already about 30 new drivers since Xmas and it sounds like they are going to continue to bring 1 driver on per center per week till September. Moving on up!

Man, I wish I would've only had to work 2 years in the hub before I became a driver. I'm jealous. All that pension money....

jaker

trolling
Man I hear you guys saying this , but it's the opposite in our hub

Guys who have 8yrs PT are now just getting offered to drive

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Poop, I worked 8 years pt...did air driving, and double shifted lots...I figure that those 8 years will equal 5 years of full time contributions....that's for out west in wct fund...five years less driving to reach retirement I'll take it.

HomeDelivery

my 'lil brother was asked be a driver...however, he doesn't know how to drive stick.

i'm seeing more driving jobs on the ups hr site but, i'm guessing they're just temp summer driving positions because it states so on the listings in my area

Cementups

Box Monkey
my 'lil brother was asked be a driver...however, he doesn't know how to drive stick.

i'm seeing more driving jobs on the ups hr site but, i'm guessing they're just temp summer driving positions because it states so on the listings in my area

be a good big brother and teach him how to drive stick.

Most of our package cars are automatic anymore but there are still some dinosaurs out there with manual transmission.

Jas85374

They are hiring at least 10 in the summer and I think something like 36 total this year in my hub. That's how I'm about to go with just 6.5 years under my belt. They said I should get the call within a month or so. Driver retirement is the reason they are feeding us in my hub.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mack Grant

Sent using BrownCafe App
1)Go to eye masters this weekend
2)pay $100 for eye exam and RX glasses
3)pass DOT physical

Do not pass up the chance to go driving over something so trivial. Thank me later.