Driving jobs galore in my local

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Seahawks17, May 15, 2014.

1. Seahawks17

Seahawks17 Member

In the past month alone, over 50+ driving positions have opened up in my hub and no PT are signing up to go driving. New PT's who were hired weeks ago are going driving. They are literally hiring drivers off the street. I would go driving myself, but am unable to as I did try and failed the DOT physical because of my vision. I can't believe how many FT jobs are opening up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

I just started on my 30 days last week. Off the street. There's a lot of training going on right now.

3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

OP, get glasses?!?!?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

What building? Are they looking at the transfer list? I'm tired of my building.

5. MethodsMan

MethodsMan Active Member

Lots of drivers retiring or is it because of the volume?

6. Orion Syndicate

Orion Syndicate 90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)

Charge lasik to a credit card then pay it off with your new found driver wealth!

7. I my area, I think it is a simple matter of economics. It is finally cheaper to street an additional car than pay triple time for 9.5 grievances. Double time penalty was not enough to tip the scales, triple time is.

8. Maple85

Maple85 Member

I believe it 100 percent. My hub in Oregon is doing the same. Already about 30 new drivers since Xmas and it sounds like they are going to continue to bring 1 driver on per center per week till September. Moving on up!

9. MethodsMan

MethodsMan Active Member

Man, I wish I would've only had to work 2 years in the hub before I became a driver. I'm jealous. All that pension money....

10. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Part timers get pension contributions also...

11. jaker

jaker trolling

Man I hear you guys saying this , but it's the opposite in our hub

Guys who have 8yrs PT are now just getting offered to drive

12. MethodsMan

MethodsMan Active Member

Yeah, they're really comparable.....

13. Coldworld

Poop, I worked 8 years pt...did air driving, and double shifted lots...I figure that those 8 years will equal 5 years of full time contributions....that's for out west in wct fund...five years less driving to reach retirement I'll take it.

14. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We are hiring 0 drivers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

15. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

my 'lil brother was asked be a driver...however, he doesn't know how to drive stick.

i'm seeing more driving jobs on the ups hr site but, i'm guessing they're just temp summer driving positions because it states so on the listings in my area

16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

be a good big brother and teach him how to drive stick.

Most of our package cars are automatic anymore but there are still some dinosaurs out there with manual transmission.

17. Bigdog12

Bigdog12 New Member

Must be nice to have automatic cars :(, We have 2 and those are air cars

18. Jas85374

Jas85374 Member

They are hiring at least 10 in the summer and I think something like 36 total this year in my hub. That's how I'm about to go with just 6.5 years under my belt. They said I should get the call within a month or so. Driver retirement is the reason they are feeding us in my hub.

Sent using BrownCafe App

19. Mack Grant

Mack Grant Active Member

1)Go to eye masters this weekend
    2)pay $100 for eye exam and RX glasses
    3)pass DOT physical

Do not pass up the chance to go driving over something so trivial. Thank me later.

20. Coldworld

Better start putting in sales leads then..