Driving Me Nuts

UnconTROLLed

perfection
LOL at the feeder guys.

God forbid your heart rate is increased prior to you go out on the road.

Have you ever heard that exercise increases alertness and overall health? Maybe that general health principle doesn't apply to anyone in UPS feeders.

chev

Nightcrawler
LOL at the feeder guys.

Have you ever heard that exercise increases alertness and overall health? Maybe that general health principle doesn't apply to anyone in UPS feeders.

Uhhh whatever.
I love the stereotypical BS you guys apply to feeder drivers. You think that because we drive a Tractor, we are lazy. Maybe our general health principal is none of your frickin business. We work crazy hours and juggle crazy schedules.
Thats what the gym is for. Lets see how alert you are after sweating your gonads off loading a trailer and then running down the road at 3am. Please give me a break. I've done my time in the trailers. I've done just about every job in the building. It's time to let the young bucks do what they were hired for. LOAD TRAILERS. I don't see anyone jumping to drive my tractor at un-Godly hours of the night. Getting done at 6am on a Saturday and dealing with being out of sync with ever one else. This is a simple case of jealousy because you can't stand to see a driver watch you load while he waits for you to finish.
Boo hooo. "I'm doing more work than him".
Reminds me of my kids.

Stop trying to apply your opinion to a situation you know nothing about. When you learn to drive a feeder and actually experience the job, then maybe it will be relevant. Until then sit down and zip it.

Oh and BTW.....welcome to BC......:wink2:

chev

Nightcrawler
Come on Chev, don't hold back....tell us how you rally feel.:happy-very:

:blushing: Guess I did get a little nuts on that one. :happy-very:
I just get sick of the Feeder driver bashing from people who think they know the job. Not all feeder drivers are pre-Madonnas. We are hard working guys and gals that for one reason or another decided they had enough of driving package. Btw....I respect package drivers because I KNOW the job and have done it. It's not an easy life either.:wink2:
Aww hell. I'm going to bed. Should have been in 2 hours ago. Gotta work tonight.:sad-little:

P

pickup

LOL at the feeder guys.

okay, lets take my day yesterday as a feeder driver, punched in , grabbed tractor and trailer, emptied out twenty pallets (left over) and garbage with a sense of urgency, drove to my first pickup and at second pickup broke down 4 pallets of approximately 200 pieces so everything can fit, came back , dropped trailer, picked up another trailer for a pickup ( got 20 empty pallets off again ) Drove down to pickup and swapped trailers which meant unhooking, hooking, unhooking,hooking, unhooking, and hooking. Came back, unhooked. Took lunch, , did a couple of trailer moves with tractor (not shifter), got assigned a 2 hour run with a set of doubles, that i had to assemble. 2 hours to get there , 2 hours to get back with another set of doubles that I had to assemble. The point I am trying to make is we don't sit on our asses all day as feeder drivers. The problem in this case is that feeder's dispatchers try to use him to enforce the pull time and creates friction with the loaders. they want him to be the bad guy. Plenty of times i have relayed info to my dispatch about a trailer being held up at door and they say they will send one of our supervisors over. The first time they sent someone over, I thought " great ! I am going to get going." Supe shows up and just observes, says nothing. He doesn't want friction . He justs hopes his presence is enough to speed things up. They know they are powerless, yet they expect me on my own to do (get trailer off door) what they can't or are unwilling to do.

oakcreekteamie

boys boys boys, lets focus on what was posted by the original poster, as he does have an issue.

1 the driver is not being told to load
2 the driver is leaving before his pull time
3 the sort is usually down on time for him to leave on time
4 but he is jumping the gun, several times leaving packages at the dock.

so this really has nothing to do with a driver trying to make service at his regularly scheduled pull time. for what ever reason, he feels like he needs to leave early every day. and be loading boxes before his pull time.

it sounds to me like an issue that needs to be looked at a bit more.

d

And that's exactly what I wanted to bring to the table. not the fact that he was loading packages. If i could have it my way I would't want him to touch a package and for our belt he doesnt have to! We are ON TIME and the only thing that is warranting him to do this is that he wants to leave ASAP but when : A) you are on time and no need to help out the loader with his job please dont. B) he closes down the door when we have hots to be put inside the trailer and not to mention bulk, it begins to become an issue not of time but of respect.

I just wanted to know (looking past the fact that he is late, which again, he is never going to leave after the pull times set for him) why he must close down doors and leave when he in fact does know that there are still flow and items to be put inside the trailer.

The interesting part is that he CAN do it because any overflow gets carted to another belt where an existing trailer can accept the hots and make destination in time.

I, for one, respect his job and have enough sense to know people have to be places and make times. And when, and if, I running behind on my trialer and he helps me out I will be greatful; it isnt his job, but mine. I just would like the respect to do my job completley. Wouldnt you agree?

LOL at the feeder guys.

It does apply. Thats how we are able to keep from running you over on your way home from work. Of course in your case we are willing to make an exception.

705red

Browncafe Steward
:blushing: Guess I did get a little nuts on that one. :happy-very:
I just get sick of the Feeder driver bashing from people who think they know the job. Not all feeder drivers are pre-Madonnas. We are hard working guys and gals that for one reason or another decided they had enough of driving package. Btw....I respect package drivers because I KNOW the job and have done it. It's not an easy life either.:wink2:
Aww hell. I'm going to bed. Should have been in 2 hours ago. Gotta work tonight.:sad-little:
One question mr. know it all! Do you get your wall street journal home delivered or do you pick it up on the way to work?:surprised:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoaxster
Question:
What was the reason the pirate gave for having a steering wheel attached to the front of his pants?
--------------------------

Arghh... It's fer drivin' me nutts!!

~sigh~ I can't believe I've sunk to Hoaxsters' level... :whiteflag:

----------
Hey...that intellectual high-brow humor ain't all it's made out to be! :slap:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Chev at least in these parts of the woods, when package drivers go feeder they all of a sudden become contract experts! Even though most have them have never even read the contract while in package. So now when are guys go we give them a copy of the wall street journal at the same time we give them their pillow.

Folks, i'm pretty new to the BC forum, although i've observed for a while. Let me throw out something in this discussion; At a major hub, while feeder drivers are waiting for the last of the "hots", or the last irreg train to run, is it right for the hub to send the majority of the $8.50 per hr. help home to make their "numbers", while drivers are waiting with 2 95% hot loads in the door for up to an hour or more? I fail to see the logic for making two entire loads late for the sake of a few tailpipes and five gallon buckets. Thanks, I welcome the discussion.

Folks, i'm pretty new to the BC forum, although i've observed for a while. Let me throw out something in this discussion; At a major hub, while feeder drivers are waiting for the last of the "hots", or the last irreg train to run, is it right for the hub to send the majority of the $8.50 per hr. help home to make their "numbers", while drivers are waiting with 2 95% hot loads in the door for up to an hour or more? I fail to see the logic for making two entire loads late for the sake of a few tailpipes and five gallon buckets. Thanks, I welcome the discussion.

They can do it if they want but be sure you let your mgmt team know so when you don`t pull on time the crap can roll down the right hill. If they`re sending them home and having you finish the loads then you need to make yourself scarce before they think of putting you to work.

Love the avatar....uhhmmm

Chev at least in these parts of the woods, when package drivers go feeder they all of a sudden become contract experts! Even though most have them have never even read the contract while in package. So now when are guys go we give them a copy of the wall street journal at the same time we give them their pillow.

I don`t know about being contract experts but I do know as I`ve gone up the ladder I`ve gained experience and knowledge but also see more of a union presence. Part time-"we`re in a union?",Package-"we have a union if they try and fire us but on the day to day stuff we`re friend-d",Feeder- " we have finally learned from being friend-d and no know it when we see it"

P.s. Where`s my pillow? I never got one. Do I need to file a grievance?

Mike Hawk

I don`t know about being contract experts but I do know as I`ve gone up the ladder I`ve gained experience and knowledge but also see more of a union presence. Part time-"we`re in a union?",Package-"we have a union if they try and fire us but on the day to day stuff we`re friend-d",Feeder- " we have finally learned from being friend-d and no know it when we see it"

P.s. Where`s my pillow? I never got one. Do I need to file a grievance?
They are in the new vending machines, if you union troublemakers stopped boycotting them you would know this.