Driving Me Nuts

chev

Nightcrawler
Chev at least in these parts of the woods, when package drivers go feeder they all of a sudden become contract experts! Even though most have them have never even read the contract while in package. So now when are guys go we give them a copy of the wall street journal at the same time we give them their pillow.
:rofl:

BTW.....I'm one of those guys that actually do read the contract, but I'll take that pillow.:wink2:

I think some of our newer feeder drivers misinterpreted this and put them under their shirts--or perhaps they put on a few pounds...?

Ohhh Hahahaaa. Gosh it`s humor like that that will carry me through the peak season as I sit in my toasty tractor waiting on my trailer and test driving my new pillow. Hopefully you guys can find a way to stay warm in package.

satellitedriver

Ohhh Hahahaaa. Gosh it`s humor like that that will carry me through the peak season as I sit in my toasty tractor waiting on my trailer and test driving my new pillow. Hopefully you guys can find a way to stay warm in package.
No problem in keeping warm in package.
Only two things work in a pkg car, the heater and the driver.
Plus, the added heat you get from the Sup's.

Big Babooba

No problem in keeping warm in package.
Only two things work in a pkg car, the heater and the driver.
Plus, the added heat you get from the Sup's.
I drove the "Package Car from Hell" last Thursday. The only thing tat worked in it was me - NO HEAT!!! Luckily I was able to go to Cumbys and get something to remedy my situation. I had plenty of heat afterward.:biting:

outta hours

Here is how I handle this situation. I`ll do everything in my part of the job to be ready,pretrip,hookup,etc. I`ll go in and see whats up and let the sup know what the gate time is if needed. If your still loading these hots and appear your not going to be done in time I`ll call the building dispatch and let them know as well as my dispatch at my barn to also let them know. Once all the appropriate people know what time I`m supposed to leave and that I might not I`ll stand around until the cows come home as I have now covered my ass. If it don`t make the gate,oh well.

That's what I do also. I do the same thing if i have a BOP. Let the sups duke it out and blame each other when I'm late at the gate. Often times the p/t sup. knows the pull time but tries to act like he does not, to buy some extra time. That's why I call my dispatch and let them call down and turn up the heat. Not my problem after that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Uhhh whatever.
I love the stereotypical BS you guys apply to feeder drivers. You think that because we drive a Tractor, we are lazy. Maybe our general health principal is none of your frickin business. We work crazy hours and juggle crazy schedules.
Thats what the gym is for. Lets see how alert you are after sweating your gonads off loading a trailer and then running down the road at 3am. Please give me a break. I've done my time in the trailers. I've done just about every job in the building. It's time to let the young bucks do what they were hired for. LOAD TRAILERS. I don't see anyone jumping to drive my tractor at un-Godly hours of the night. Getting done at 6am on a Saturday and dealing with being out of sync with ever one else. This is a simple case of jealousy because you can't stand to see a driver watch you load while he waits for you to finish.
Boo hooo. "I'm doing more work than him".
Reminds me of my kids.

Stop trying to apply your opinion to a situation you know nothing about. When you learn to drive a feeder and actually experience the job, then maybe it will be relevant. Until then sit down and zip it.

Oh and BTW.....welcome to BC......:wink2:

I've been here alot longer than you ;) Little do you know..

I am only giving you facts there. If you exercise, you will be more alert and active. That is clad, pure science. Only an undereducated grunt would think otherwise, so there it is, the truth! AlsoThe contract here says "all feeder drivers will load and unload as directed"....that is not very difficult to understand either...

My opinion: Do I recommend a feeder driver sweat it out for 3 hours loading in 100 degree heat? Heck no.

My opnion :being hesitatnt to move a few pieces into their load if it's late or there's hangups because they are "too good to do part-time work" is not only lazy it's disrespectful to the people regularly moving the work.

And lastly, if I'm ever loading a feeder, it's after 8 hours when everythings down and I'm making more than a feeder driver sitting around with his hands in his pockets. (34.68/hr) So take that however you want! ;)

I've been here alot longer than you ;) Little do you know..

I am only giving you facts there. If you exercise, you will be more alert and active. That is clad, pure science. Only an undereducated grunt would think otherwise, so there it is, the truth! AlsoThe contract here says "all feeder drivers will load and unload as directed"....that is not very difficult to understand either...

My opinion: Do I recommend a feeder driver sweat it out for 3 hours loading in 100 degree heat? Heck no.

My opnion :being hesitatnt to move a few pieces into their load if it's late or there's hangups because they are "too good to do part-time work" is not only lazy it's disrespectful to the people regularly moving the work.

And lastly, if I'm ever loading a feeder, it's after 8 hours when everythings down and I'm making more than a feeder driver sitting around with his hands in his pockets. (34.68/hr) So take that however you want! ;)

Giving a ptimer a hand and showing them respect is one thing. Loading trailers while a sup sends his people home are another. As far as my heart rate I`ll save it for dodging idiots on the road. With 19 years without loading a trailer to stay alert yet still having a safe driving record I must be doing something right. But thanks for caring.

Chev,like I said before don`t stand around if you don`t want to volunteer. Find something out of sight to do.

I guess, to me, the main thing is - is this an every day occurence? I dont want to sit in the door on Fri. from 345 to 500 am, or any other day, and then do a 545 mi. turn. Also, I consider my meet man(or woman);how this affects them, also. The bottom line is,each faction of the business wants what they want. The hub wants people off the clock ASAP;feeder wants to adhere to pull times. Occasionally waiting is one thing;daily delays suggest an internal communications problem.Short answer-pick up the phone-CYA.Just an opinion,thanks.

chev

Nightcrawler
Giving a ptimer a hand and showing them respect is one thing. Loading trailers while a sup sends his people home are another. As far as my heart rate I`ll save it for dodging idiots on the road. With 19 years without loading a trailer to stay alert yet still having a safe driving record I must be doing something right. But thanks for caring.

Chev,like I said before don`t stand around if you don`t want to volunteer. Find something out of sight to do.

Right on point.
No one bothers me as far as loading a feeder. I do however lend a hand once in a while. Never been pushed to do more and I don't intend to.:happy-very:

@ Sleeve.......so how long have you been "here" since your Join date says 08' ? Why the new screen name if so?
I am only giving you facts there. If you exercise, you will be more alert and active. That is clad, pure science. Only an undereducated grunt would think otherwise, so there it is, the truth! Also The contract here says "all feeder drivers will load and unload as directed"....that is not very difficult to understand either...
Calling me an undereducated grunt does nothing to prove your point. Name calling is for poopie heads.:laughing:
I understand your point, but don't paint all feeder drivers with such a broad brush. I actually do a lot more than is asked of me. For example, last night I jumped in a trailer and helped unload while I was shifting in the yard. I had nothing to do at the moment and really don't like standing around.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Poopie heads ??!!!! Now this whole site has gone to hell in a handbasket !!

Such language !! Where are the dummy, poopie caca-head moderators ??

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Right on point.
No one bothers me as far as loading a feeder. I do however lend a hand once in a while. Never been pushed to do more and I don't intend to.:happy-very:

@ Sleeve.......so how long have you been "here" since your Join date says 08' ? Why the new screen name if so?

Calling me an undereducated grunt does nothing to prove your point. Name calling is for poopie heads.:laughing:
I understand your point, but don't paint all feeder drivers with such a broad brush. I actually do a lot more than is asked of me. For example, last night I jumped in a trailer and helped unload while I was shifting in the yard. I had nothing to do at the moment and really don't like standing around.

I never called all feeder drivers lazy. But I did say , and will say, that:

if a feeder driver ever says they can't move a couple packages yet want to leave on-time and get upset when not getting on the road on time, and doesn't want to expend a couple minutes energy fearing they will fall asleep at the wheel or feel they are too good to do it (which the contract disagrees with), they are ridiculous and need to get a grip on reality -either scientifically or egotistcally, or regarding laziness.

again, Take it how you want! Ignore me if you like. :)

chev

Nightcrawler
I never called all feeder drivers lazy. But I did say , and will say, that:

if a feeder driver ever says they can't move a couple packages yet want to leave on-time and get upset when not getting on the road on time, and doesn't want to expend a couple minutes energy fearing they will fall asleep at the wheel or feel they are too good to do it (which the contract disagrees with), they are ridiculous and need to get a grip on reality -either scientifically or egotistcally, or regarding laziness.

again, Take it how you want! Ignore me if you like. :)

Agreed.:wink2: No need to ignore. You have a valid opinion.