Driving path

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Driver helping is a great way to get the big picture of it all. You will most likely do your normal job AND driver help if you win the bid.. I work preload and then driver help during the season. I must say I became a MUCH better loader after I did some driver helping the first year.

You will learn the art of stacking out..its a great term. There is no use in loading up the package car with a bulk stop while you are still trying to load it.. put it in last at all costs.

Also, don't load it up the middle to the bulkhead door..I don't know HOW many preloaders I have seen do that..the driver MUST be able to GET TO the load..in order to deliver it.

It all gets easier and every day that goes by builds seniority.

From the looks of your picture, LOBOFAN, I can't seeing you being much help to the driver, LOL:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sorry, I just love the picture and have been die'n to say something.

SmithBarney

My record wasn't spotless when I started driving,
just one for 5 over... lol
But anyway sign up if you have the chance
just make sure when it comes time to
fill out the moving violations/accident section
you do it truthfully... cause they'll find it if its on your record.

old levi's

blank space
sign every single bid sheet that is posted, no matter what. as a newbie u probably won't get anything, but sign it anyway, u never know. even if by some miracle u are offered a job, u can always turn it down!

Another difference in policy from some other areas. Here if your name is the senior person on the bid list when it comes down the job is yours. No right of refusal.

RozUPS

Helen, never in a million years!!

That's right pt employee turnover is a cash cow for both the union and UPS. UPS gets cheap labor for as long as they can and the union gets as much dues it it can b4 the pt quits. Low pay helps quicken the process.