Driving Record

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dough31, Aug 17, 2006.

1. dough31

dough31 New Member

A full time driving bid is coming up and it will probably be mine. My question is this. I got a DUI/DWI in Aug. 03'. Since then I have only had a seat belt violation and that was in 03' as well. My license was suspended for 6 months. I am required to carry an Sr-22 until Aug. 08'. Will I be eligible for the position? Thanks.
  2. diadlover

diadlover New Member

I sure hope not.
  3. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

In my building you already qualify!
  4. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

In my bldg. you could be a trainer for the peak season drivers.
  5. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

In my bldg you qualify for the center manager job.
  6. switchoff

switchoff New Member

In my bldg, you qualify to be Mel Gibson's double.
  7. Pip

Pip New Member

Candidates must be able to operate a standard transmission, pass a road test and DOT physical. Job requires no moving violations within the past year, and no driving suspensions within past 3 years
  8. Watch_Tower

Watch_Tower New Member

I received a ticket for passing on the wrong side 5 months ago, hired a lawyer and got a disposition of Adj Withheld, no points, no school. This is the only ticked I've received in over 7 years. Will this affect my opportunity to become a driver?

This does not show in the 3 or 7 year record, but it does show in the complete driving record. I work in South Florida.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  9. Backlasher

Backlasher Stronger, Faster, Browner

Wow, old thread. It shouldn't effect you cause no points. I'm pretty sure you could have 2 points and still get the position but not sure.
  10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You will be asked if you have had any tickets or violations in the past year. If you lie and it shows up on a search, you have no chance. Your driving record has to be clean for at least 12 months in my district. So here, you would be out of luck for at least 7 months. They are really hard up for drivers in the Bakken oilfield, you might have a chance there.