Driving school question ..this can't be right

Climbingtheladder

So I go to driving school the week after next and I was told by another employee going to class with me that he was told our driving class is only going to be three days ? This sounds not possible to me. Anyone heard of this or is this just another case of sups not knowing what they are talking about and giving out false info like usual?

Overpaid Union Thug

So I go to driving school the week after next and I was told by another employee going to class with me that he was told our driving class is only going to be three days ? This sounds not possible to me. Anyone heard of this or is this just another case of sups not knowing what they are talking about and giving out false info like usual?

Doesn't matter. It's a waste of time.

JL 0513

How long do want? My driving class took 5 minutes. Sup drove me around the block, and that was it.

My driving school was a full 40 hour week, which all new drivers are required to do. Actual on road driving per person was only 20-30 minutes. The rest computer DIAD training and going over and over and over safety stuff.

Did you not go through a full safety coarse and DIAD training? 5 minutes to become a driver seems odd.

JL 0513

Here at UPS they teach you daily. Each day they point at least one thing you did wrong.

I found this out quickly about this job. Very rarely do you get a compliment on a job well done even though you go out there and bust your balls everyday. But whenever something isn't done right or if you go over plan then you get a talk the next morning even when it's a rare occurrence.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I found this out quickly about this job. Very rarely do you get a compliment on a job well done even though you go out there and bust your balls everyday. But whenever something isn't done right or if you go over plan then you get a talk the next morning even when it's a rare occurrence.
Coooommm pllliii...ment?? At ups?? What's that like?

HomeDelivery

same thing with customers; all you see/read/view on youtubes on the internet are complaints & bad drivers/couriers... rare to see someone going above/beyond the job anymore due to stockholders/productivity standards now

B

bowflex

if you are getting sent to integrad its a week if it is a class at your hub its 3 days.

BrownChoice

I went to a larger center about 2 hour drive from my center. It was not integrad and it was a 37 hour orientation.
was taught by the H.R. Manager and an on car supe, and was talked to by division manager, loss prevention, and the mechanic manager.

brown67

Things were a lot different then. Better and worse. No Diad when I started air driving, so sup showed me how to sheet a package and then we drove around the block and that was it. Drove airs for a couple years like that.

Diad 1 came out a month or two before I went driving full-time. Spent five minutes showing us how to use it one Saturday morning before I left to deliver Sat. airs. No computer training existed back then just call us if you have a problem. Which was joke because the sups didn't know how to use it either. It was just too new. Just had to figure it out. I had used it as an air driver and Sat. driver, so I already knew how to use Diad when I went full-time.

Was suppose to have 3 full days of training on a training route when I went full-time, but only got 1 full day and the other 2 days the sup left at lunch.

No safety training either. Went over a few thing on my training days, no DOK's back then either.