Driving test question

TheKid99

I know it requires you to know how to drive a manual transmission.

But I was told they will teach you how to drive a stick before the driving test.. is this true? I just don't want to go to the driving test unprepared.

I drove similar package cars at FedEx... just not manual.

TheKid99

Are there any manual transmission pkg cars at your center? We have none and our guys take the road test in an automatic.

Resident know-it-all.

We have some I believe.

Alot of the package cars are automatic from my eyes.

If I can take the test with an automatic it will be a piece of cake

If I have to use manual i have to rent a truck because from the sound of it they want you to already know how to drive manual.

By The Book

But actually I was asking is the test on driving, parking and riding through cones

Not a park lol
Ask your center manager if you will indeed be tested using a manual transmission. Your test will be out of your building around an area of town and back. You will probably back the pkg. car up to the building. Honking horn checking mirrors demonstrating the depth of knowledge a pre trip, slowing down to 15 mph at railroad crossings looking left right left,etc. I don't think there will be comes but I wouldn't put it past them. Have you went to class yet?

9.5er

Plan for the worst. Meaning if you plan to drive the manual trans. car and they actually give you an auto you will be good to go. If you expect an auto and get a manual you're screwed.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We have a seasonal that can't drive stick so he gets an automatic. I know this as fact because he was given my truck. The upside is I get a smaller truck.

wayfair

swollen member

But I was told they will teach you how to drive a stick before the driving test.. is this true? I just don't want to go to the driving test unprepared.

stay in school...

In our location we don't have manuel pc anymore just automatic.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We have a seasonal that can't drive stick so he gets an automatic. I know this as fact because he was given my truck. The upside is I get a smaller truck.
Same thing happens in my center around peak. All new automatic trucks are given to new seasonal drivers because they don't know how to drive stick Lol. The sups even have to pull them out of lineup for them. They can't even do that!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Same thing happens in my center around peak. All new automatic trucks are given to new seasonal drivers because they don't know how to drive stick Lol. The sups even have to pull them out of lineup for them. They can't even do that!!!!
We have a a few new drivers in the last two years DQ for hitting Nother truck while pulling out.