Driving test question

aiian

I'd say at least 3 out of 4 trucks are manual in my building.

I can't imagine hiring a guy, seasonal or not who can't drive a stick.

That being said my current on road isn't authorized to drive a PC because he can't drive a manual.

chris9834

At my center the H.R. instructor made it very clear he is not there to teach people how to drive a stick or drive period.. if I was in your position I would be looking for a friend with a stick shift. Ask on FB even if you gotta throw alittle money heck look on craigslist maybe someone teaches how to drive manual transmissions who cares if its a toyota prius with manual just get the manual shift concept down these package cars manual transmissions are very forgiven imo either way do what you got to do, and good luck to you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TheKid99

I talked to a guy that just came back from driving school to do air driving and he said the test is with a manual package car

I'm going to ask the driver sup tomorrow if i can practice in one saturday

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The standard driving test in my building is the worst non power steering manual truck that is not Red Tagged that day.
As it should be.
If people were allowed to drive a package car before the road test I'd agree.
They don't let people practice even on the weekends here anymore.

The test here is set up to let management fail or pass anyone they choose. Luckily they're so desperate for drivers lately they're passing almost everyone.

TheKid99

Ask your center manager if you will indeed be tested using a manual transmission. Your test will be out of your building around an area of town and back. You will probably back the pkg. car up to the building. Honking horn checking mirrors demonstrating the depth of knowledge a pre trip, slowing down to 15 mph at railroad crossings looking left right left,etc. I don't think there will be comes but I wouldn't put it past them. Have you went to class yet?

Nope im looking at the beginning of september

I thought it would've been august

aiian

Here they do it in a Ford E-Series.

It's hard act surprised when a rookie sideswipes a building or pulls down an overhang.

wayfair

swollen member
it's not, just take you're own pace and don't try to overdue it.... also how about taking a whole hour lunch........ please just read... it will make sense sooner or later

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
22 :( it shouldn't be hard
It's not. If you're gonna learn on a friend's car do him a favor and watch some youtube instructionals first. I had a friend who probably took a few years off the life of my clutch figuring it out, I'm gonna pass on the woman driver jokes here but you get my point. Maybe I'm just a bad teacher lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used to take my kids out on the gravel roads north of town in my 5 speed Ford Ranger.

We used the UPS parking lot on the weekends.

Their last test was on this one particular hill in the city. I remember when it was my daughter's turn some idiot was right on her butt. She was nervous but not only did she not stall but she made it up the hill just fine.

i took the driving test around 2 months ago it was old manual transmission and no power steering, you drive for about 35 mins around the city, MAKE SURE you pull your E brake on any hill or complete stop. i havent driven stick for about ten years before the test so i got deducted 20 points for grinding second twice other then that their very easy to drive!also be sure to down shift all the way to first they are checking to make sure and beep any chance you can backing up bicycle driver on your side etc good luck

TheKid99

I asked my supervisor do I have to wait until I'm laid off from ph to start the process for driver.. he said no my process will happen quickly and I will have an interview most likely next week.

But I got a ticket September 11th of last year

Will they make me wait until that date to drive?

I should have asked the district manager this question yesterday but I forgot