Driving with ear buds

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
My co-worker got fired on 8/25/16 because he had his ear buds in his ear while driving , on 8/24/16 they took a picture of him, on 8/25/16 they brought him into the office and asked his if he was on the phone, he said NO . so they fired him for dishonesty, Any advice? Thanks Now he has to go to panel
Advice? Don't wear ear buds while driving.

Man Of Brown

There's a difference between having ear buds in and being on the phone. Maybe he uses them to help block road noise. Safety issue.

Keep us updated on what happens.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
They just wrote up a guy in my center for taking a sip of his drink while stopped at a red light...that is chicken poop...ear bud in one ear I could see going both ways...skoal sucks by the way

Dr.Brownz

Most of the newer cars we have are quiet enough to just play some music out of my phone. A few notes/beats between stops is good enough, I don't need to be rocking out while i'm driving.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
J6wg2D.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

My co-worker got fired on 8/25/16 because he had his ear buds in his ear while driving , on 8/24/16 they took a picture of him, on 8/25/16 they brought him into the office and asked his if he was on the phone, he said NO . so they fired him for dishonesty, Any advice? Thanks Now he has to go to panel
A couple years ago we were given forms about distracted driving to sign. It stated that UPS recognizes that certain devices allow us to go hands free and that they ENCOURAGE us to only use it when out of the public right of way. Didn't say we had to. Many drivers keep a copy of that for when a sup attempts to discipline them for it.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
A couple years ago we were given forms about distracted driving to sign. It stated that UPS recognizes that certain devices allow us to go hands free and that they ENCOURAGE us to only use it when out of the public right of way. Didn't say we had to. Many drivers keep a copy of that for when a sup attempts to discipline them for it.

I throw out all papers they want signed. They never notice. They stuff them in a folder some place. Never to be seen till the next yr. Then repeat

Thegameisrigged

I don't get it. Why would they ask him if he had them on knowing he did? I know they did it to see if he why lie, but that's a sneaky way of doing things. Shouldn't that itself be against policy?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the last couple years i started using ear plugs because i had some slight hearing loss in my left ear. probably from road noise with the driver window down .

there must be another reason why this driver was on the hit list.

they'll end up outlawing CB radios next.