driving

rich01987

Ive been working for UPS for 2 yrs and transferred to a new building in the same state can I apply for a driver position at my old building?

rkctkc

If there is a bid list for a job opening that you would like anywhere within your reach, sign that sucker no matter if your qualified to or not.

rich01987

i transferred because it was a new building same local and with my 3yrs in i would be near the top senority wise my senority did travel with me.

UPSGUY72

i transferred because it was a new building same local and with my 3yrs in i would be near the top senority wise my senority did travel with me.

If the building is in the same local it shares the same seniority list meaning any person in that local can bid any job that goes out to bid no matter what building they are in. If that is not the case then you don't carry your seniority to the other building your start all over at the bottom. In other words your still in the same spot on the seniority list you just happen to now work in another building.

In my area/ local there are 3 buildings / 4 centers and 2 seniority list PT and FT your. When a bid goes out any one at any of the three building can bid the job the one with the most seniority gets it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

If the building is in the same local it shares the same seniority list meaning any person in that local can bid any job that goes out to bid no matter what building they are in. If that is not the case then you don't carry your seniority to the other building your start all over at the bottom. In other words your still in the same spot on the seniority list you just happen to now work in another building.

In my area/ local there are 3 buildings / 4 centers and 2 seniority list PT and FT your. When a bid goes out any one at any of the three building can bid the job the one with the most seniority gets it.
I would caution folks on the information offered. Things are not the same in every local. Perhaps wherever this person works the information is accurate. Not in the local I am familiar with.

UPSGUY72

I would caution folks on the information offered. Things are not the same in every local. Perhaps wherever this person works the information is accurate. Not in the local I am familiar with.

So you're saying I couldn't go to Watertown or Potsdam and bump a lesser seniority driver?

Apparently in his local if there is more than one building each building has it's own seniority list but you can transfer between the building and still keep your seniority date.

oldngray

nowhere special
There are 2 different buildings here. It is possible to bid on a route from the other building but only the first bid on a new route is citywide. It is very difficult to switch buildings but if you have enough seniority and a bid opens up you can transfer to the other building with all seniority intact. You can't transfer to another city though and if it was allowed I think you would lose your seniority since you would be like a new hire at the other city.