DR'ng business stops.

bham brown

Oh it's all about putting more stops on the car. Even though it won't save as much time as you will get in extra stops. But yes this next contract is gonna be rough. People need to start worrying about saving and creating jobs over appearance issues. Every new technology thing they come up with is to take driving jobs away. On another note, I don't expect UPS to be in business but about another 25 years anyway. The people running this ship have their heads up their a&&es and are only concerned with profit and shareholders. It won't last as its being ran now.

bham brown

And as far as who's liable for the package when you DR it.... The company is. At least that's what they're telling us. Only time will tell. Because they're will be follow ups.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Not sure what the hub bub is about.
Runner-Gunners have been doing this for decades.
What sucks is that UPS is testing if they can get more stops on a route because of this !!!
It sickens me to see people who could never run a route in their life, driving this company into the ground !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have much more success closing out a DFU when the package was signed for.

A few months ago I had a NDA for Micheals. Anyone who has ever delivered there knows what a pain they can be. Rang the bell, got an autograph, asked her what her last name was, clarified signature, closed out stop. Later that day got an ODS stating that they couldn't find the package and had no one with that last name working there. I told my OMS to have their manager ask the "short, fat black girl" what she did with the package. Never heard another word about it.
Short fat black girl....you some kind of racist ????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What sucks is that UPS is testing if they can get more stops on a route because of this !!!
It sickens me to see people who could never run a route in their life, driving this company into the ground !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's their company they can run it into the ground all day long but let's add even more stops to an already full day and loose more time in the process and now we are the ones being run into the ground!!

Overpaid Union Thug

I always knew which drivers were DRing businesses or forging signatures when I'd cover their routes and customers would get upset when I'd hand them the DIAD. Some would tell me that "So and So never makes me sign."

AKCoverMan

Frankly if I can get anyone to come to the door at Micheals I am happy. I don't care what color, height, or body style they have as long as they will sign the DIAD....

Indecisi0n

I delivered to a yamaha motorcycle dealer at one time. About 90% of their packages were COD. It was a pain. they would get maybe 10 packages a day from various yamaha distributors. you had to tear off all the tags, add each one to the respective shipper, give them to their bookkeeper (who was about 90 years old) she would sign the checks, then sign for the packages. Their parts manager would then swoop in and grab all the parts. Trouble is, he was ordering stuff for him, personally. He would take a couple of packages a day, have them pay for them and sneak them to his car. The owners finally caught on something was amiss and they confronted the parts manager, and he told them that I was probably stealing them and besides that I was usually drunk when I delivered to them. The owners called in to UPS. I got called into the office. I had no idea the guy was stealing after I left. I was pist. I was ready to whip his ass the next time I went there. By the time I got there, He had fessed up, been terminated and my name was cleared.
Come on...he had the drunk part correct?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Short fat black girl....you some kind of racist ????

Not at all. I rarely if ever deliver to this stop and as such have no idea who is who. As she was signing the DIAD I asked her for her last name and that is what I put in before completing the stop. To me it was a done deal and was surprised when there were questions regarding the delivery. I couldn't remember her last name but knew what she looked like, which apparently was good enough as I never heard another thing about it.

I would have said "tall white guy" if that had been the case.