Drop Box Problem

shof515

Hello,
On Monday 2/26/2015, I dropped off a return package heading to Amazon. The tracking number is 1Z26X36E9027525893 (plan envelope with no amazon markings, so you wont know its an amazon package). According to UPS website, the drop box address is:
UPS Drop Box
SELF SERVE DROP BOX
3801 QUEENS BLVD, LONG ISLAND CITY, NY, 11101
However, there is a incorrect description that says the following:
CORNER OF 47TH STREET AND QUEENS BLVD

This location is invalid, the drop box is located at 38th St and Queens Blvd, not 47 ST

Here is a screenshot of the UPS page:
WYUrza8.png

Noticed how the UPS map also shows the correct location of being on the corner of 38th St and Queens Blvd. Here is a google street view of the drop box:
3Rn9E2U.png

The tracking information hasn't been updated to say that it was picked up. I have a feeling that my package is still sitting on the drop box since the UPS drivers is going to the incorrect drop box located on 47th st and queens blvd where there is no UPS Drop Box according to google street view

Any thoughts on my problem and how i can convince UPS to go the CORRECT drop box location to pick up my package on 38th st and queens blvd? I sent a few email to UPS about this problem and they just gave me a can response that says since the tracking information shows no data, they cant help me. Do i need to contact Amazon about this problem and let them duke it out with UPS? If UPS opens up the drop box on 38th st, my package will still be there.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Drop boxes are serviced everyday, regardless of where they are.

In the part of your OP where the text is all bold, you state "the package sitting on the" UPS drop box. If this is not a typo and you left anything on top of a LBX anywhere in Queens, you can rest assured that it's been stolen.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can be assured that the driver(s) on that area know exactly where each and every drop box on their area is regardless of any misinformation that may be on ups.com The driver has to scan a bar code which is affixed to the inside of the door before scanning any packages and completing the stop. If you did indeed put the return in to a UPS drop box and it is not showing any tracking information it may be that the driver missed a scan on your package. The package should have received a scan when it was unloaded back at the UPS facility. It is unusual that your package has not received any scans since Monday, which was the 23rd, not the 26th.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Things have been a little slow on this forum so we sent a top secret message to the driver that services that box not to pick up your package. We knew it would generate a new post so we could line up to post smart :censored2: comments until a moderator locks it down. For future reference, please drop off returns at a UPS Store or customer counter or even flag down a driver and we would be happy to take your package.

shof515

so my package is forever lost in the UPS system and amazon will never the package and i will be out of the refund they owe?

whats weird is last month, i used a different UPS drop box and that package was scanned at night during pick up.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
so my package is forever lost in the UPS system and amazon will never the package and i will be out of the refund they owe?

whats weird is last month, i used a different UPS drop box and that package was scanned at night during pick up.

Well. I think we've learned a valuable lesson here today.