Drop Out of Your 401k

vantexan

First it was South America, now its the Phillipines. Are you sure you know where you want to live? Either way move to wherever you wish, as long as it makes you happy I don't care. As far as I'm concerned I will live where I don't have to worry about taking Malaria pills or catching some water borne parasite from bathing in a river. I'll just have to survive off of my massive retirement savings I've accumulated for living like a responsible human being. Goodluck to you!
Appreciate that! I'm going to the Phils to find a wife and bring her to wherever I'm living. And rest assured, no malaria pills needed. I'll just be one of billions who irresponsibly didn't accumulate enough to live on. Such is life.

thank goodness for the Philippines, where 70 year olds marry 19 yr olds all the time..

Why stop there since you`ve said thats where your interests are, shorteyes? 19 is an old hag by Asian standards. Get yourself one young enough to still be around to change your diapers 5-6 years from now.

"Asia
In Cambodia, it has been estimated that about a third of all prostitutes are under 18.
The exact number of child-prostitutes in Thailand is not known, but Thailand’s Health System Research Institute reports that children in prostitution make up 40% of prostitutes in Thailand.
In India, the federal police say that around 1.2 million children are believed to be involved in prostitution. A CBI statement said that studies and surveys sponsored by the ministry of women and child development estimated that about 40% of all India's prostitutes are children.

An article in the Gulf Times revealed a major sex trade in mostly Nepalese boys who were lured to India and sold to brothels in Mumbai, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Lucknow and Gorakhpur. One victim was lured from Nepal at the age of 14, sold into slavery, locked up, beaten, starved and forcibly circumcised. He reported that he was held in a brothel with 40 to 50 other boys, many of whom were castrated. He escaped and made his way back to Nepal. Two Non Government Organisations, one that work with homosexuals in Nepal, and one that works to rescue and rehabilitate trafficked women and children were co-operating to help these boys.

In Indonesia, UNICEF estimates that 30% of the female prostitutes are below 18.
In Sri Lanka, there are nearly 40,000 child prostitutes, according to UNICEF and ILO.
In the Philippines, there are 60,000 to 100,000 prostituted children, according to UNICEF and non-governmental organisations.

In Nepal, according to research conducted by the International Labour Organization (ILO) on 440 prostitutes from Kathmandu, approximately 30% of them were found to be children.
In Bangladesh, the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) estimated in 2004 that there were 10,000 underage girls used in commercial sexual exploitation in the country, but other estimates placed the figure as high as 29,000.

There are estimated to be at least 70,000 prostitutes in Vietnam, and 20,000 of these are children.

In Afghanistan, Bacha Bazi is a form of child prostitution employed by Afghan warlords where small boys are regularly bought and sold into sexual slavery."

LTFedExer

vantexan said:
Appreciate that! I'm going to the Phils to find a wife and bring her to wherever I'm living. And rest assured, no malaria pills needed. I'll just be one of billions who irresponsibly didn't accumulate enough to live on. Such is life.
You don't need to go to the Philippines, you could find one online.

LTFedExer

vantexan said:
Appreciate that! I'm going to the Phils to find a wife and bring her to
wherever I'm living. And rest assured, no malaria pills needed. I'll
just be one of billions who irresponsibly didn't accumulate enough to
live on. Such is life.
You don't need to go to the Philippines. Why spend money you don't have going there? You could find one online.

brett636

Atleast you admit your irresponsible behavior has brought you to the point that you think you can only survive in retirement by picking coffee beans till your fingers bleed. Have fun!

vantexan

Why stop there since you`ve said thats where your interests are, shorteyes? 19 is an old hag by Asian standards. Get yourself one young enough to still be around to change your diapers 5-6 years from now.
Gee, you sure know alot about child prostitution...Sorry, only interested in grown women who've never been married, no children of their own. Just want to meet one nice girl, and if you besmirch all Filipinas as whores and prostitutes then you are just a white trash cretin. Met alot of Fil-Am couples in AZ, know of many wonderful marriages through huge Yahoo Groups about living in the Phils. Nothing against American women, just too old in this culture to likely find anyone but a divorcee with 2 or 3 kids. So scoff all you want, making the most of what's available. Strange times we live in when a guy can work hard for someone who made alot of promises but didn't come through, and the employee is called irresponsible. Can't help but notice the patronizing tone...but he who laughs last laughs loudest.

Gee, you sure know alot about child prostitution...Sorry, only interested in grown women who've never been married, no children of their own. Just want to meet one nice girl, and if you besmirch all Filipinas as whores and prostitutes then you are just a white trash cretin. Met alot of Fil-Am couples in AZ, know of many wonderful marriages through huge Yahoo Groups about living in the Phils. Nothing against American women, just too old in this culture to likely find anyone but a divorcee with 2 or 3 kids. So scoff all you want, making the most of what's available. Strange times we live in when a guy can work hard for someone who made alot of promises but didn't come through, and the employee is called irresponsible. Can't help but notice the patronizing tone...but he who laughs last laughs loudest.

No, I`m besmirching you, TexiKlein.

grandma

the only way to make money for retirement or anhything else in society my friends is to start businesses. reallass businesses. buy a duplex, charge rent. buy a small coffeeshop near a college for students. things like that. straight up no lie.

Damon77

In my early thirties now. I'm guessing by the time I retire, the retirement age will be around 75, so I'll only need about 3-4 years worth of cash....:P

I understand the OP's beef. I've lost more than I've put in the last year in the past two weeks. If you're young, I'd advise you stick with it....You'll still make out in the long run. For those 55+....Hopefully you've already transferred your assets into something more stable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my early thirties now. I'm guessing by the time I retire, the retirement age will be around 75, so I'll only need about 3-4 years worth of cash....:P

I understand the OP's beef. I've lost more than I've put in the last year in the past two weeks. If you're young, I'd advise you stick with it....You'll still make out in the long run. For those 55+....Hopefully you've already transferred your assets into something more stable.

You obviously did not read the whole thread as this has nothing to do with his point.

Damon77

You obviously did not read the whole thread as this has nothing to do with Ihis point.
No, I get his whole "corporations are using my beer money to make themselves rich" take. I just don't buy it completely. If he's young, in the long run he'll make alot more money than if he sticks five dollar bills in a coffee can.