Dropping like Flys

SalesFX

You all have the most difficult and physical job in all of FXdom. Something you might consider when it comes to wondering about who pays for what and what the cost of the various surcharges are for things like Direct signature, Adult signature required and Indirect signature is to find out what zip codes you service and contact your insides rep that covers those zips.

People who use us pay a lot of money to have a premium delivery service like FedEx take something important to the receiver.

Without you all doing it right, hundreds of times per day for some of you, our sales efforts go down the tubes. You all make everything I tell the customers about using FedEx over UPS either true or not true.

We all try to do the Purple Promise and many times I have seen Ground and Express go out of their way to help me satisfy the sender of a package. (You can always call 800-GOFEDEX and ask the CSR who is the INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE for a given zip code - get a relationship going because it may be the one thing that can make a difference.)

Thank you all for doing such a difficult and mostly thankless job right more times than wrong!

CJinx

Shippers pay for the service, up to them if they pass the cost on to the recipient in the form of increased shipping cost. I suppose if you (as the recipient) dictate a signature requirement to your shipper, you absolutely would be charged extra.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You all have the most difficult and physical job in all of FXdom. Something you might consider when it comes to wondering about who pays for what and what the cost of the various surcharges are for things like Direct signature, Adult signature required and Indirect signature is to find out what zip codes you service and contact your insides rep that covers those zips.

People who use us pay a lot of money to have a premium delivery service like FedEx take something important to the receiver.

Without you all doing it right, hundreds of times per day for some of you, our sales efforts go down the tubes. You all make everything I tell the customers about using FedEx over UPS either true or not true.

We all try to do the Purple Promise and many times I have seen Ground and Express go out of their way to help me satisfy the sender of a package. (You can always call 800-GOFEDEX and ask the CSR who is the INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE for a given zip code - get a relationship going because it may be the one thing that can make a difference.)

Thank you all for doing such a difficult and mostly thankless job right more times than wrong!

What was your approximate income last year?

dezguy

What was your approximate income last year?
I always find it hilarious how sales tries to verbally fellate us. They tells us how amazing we all are and how the company is nothing without us but what do we get if we get them a sales lead? Maybe a thanks if they decide to grace us with their presence?

At the end of the day, I drive off in my beater while they're leaving in their Mercedes Benz.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I always find it hilarious how sales tries to verbally fellate us. They tells us how amazing we all are and how the company is nothing without us but what do we get if we get them a sales lead? Maybe a thanks if they decide to grace us with their presence?

At the end of the day, I drive off in my beater while they're leaving in their Mercedes Benz.

Don't forget the donuts.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think it's funny how management and sales can spout off about the Purple Promise, but why does it only apply to us?

Where was the Purple Promise this morning when my manager told me that he wanted me to leave any packages I had for a government contractor under the belt as closed rather than take it out and see if he was open? He figured it best to leave it behind on the chance he was closed rather than end up on the report.

When FedEx Corporate starts taking the Promise seriously, such as ensuring we get our freight on time in good weather, I might think about it. Until then, not even a thought. Thanks for playing though, Sales guy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think it's funny how management and sales can spout off about the Purple Promise, but why does it only apply to us?

Where was the Purple Promise this morning when my manager told me that he wanted me to leave any packages I had for a government contractor under the belt as closed rather than take it out and see if he was open? He figured it best to leave it behind on the chance he was closed rather than end up on the report.

When FedEx Corporate starts taking the Promise seriously, such as ensuring we get our freight on time in good weather, I might think about it. Until then, not even a thought. Thanks for playing though, Sales guy.
Excellent point.

How are we supposed to do our job right when managers upper management can't do theirs?

All the Purple Promise is just lip service.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
and what about that purple promise concerning our sweet little pension plan that was made to us all those years back???....that turned out in fact to be the purple-headed promise right up the Hershey Highway.

And that's what I think about any time I hear any mention of this Purple Promise retardation. The term infuriates me every time I hear or read it.

bbsam

Staff member

That's a lot of thoughts for, "Until then, not even a thought."

TUT

I find it hilarious that people can't see it takes the whole process to work and someone has to be the driver, someone has to be handler, someone has to be sales, someone has to be IT, someone has to be the accountant.

Why ask what they make? Go online and search, avg for Fedex Inside Sales Rep is 45k, not bank breaking. Your sales reps also do not send down the initiative for you to get leads, they don't like them like you don't. Because you give them one, they've already been up and down the account prior and now had to re-touch something they already know the outcome to because the process requires it, like your processes require things.

I don't know one Fedex sales rep that has a Mercedes, I've known about 15 in my time, I'm sure some do or could afford it, but I don't see it as any type of norm, nor do I see them flaunt. In general they understand you have a tough job and are the core, they don't belittle you in front of customers like myself. They will take my complaints back from time to time as we all aim higher and expect improvements, but they have to take the feedback I give them back, I demand it.

I'm certain they are sometimes frustrated with the operational processes as you are, neither you nor they control that, they get it. I can safely say this, if you think they complain about you is any type of normal, you have it all wrong. On here and I won't use online forums as the normal, your ill will towards them is immeasurably higher then their ill will towards you.

I'm sure if you wanted to apply yourself you can move into areas like sales, common place at large companies, "but I don't want to?", well then just do your job already, it isn't going to be the way you want it anywhere. Where the most common person in a company makes the most and the more unique positions get a paltry wage. But it seems some just want to be where they are and want a divide between departments, bitch and moan. You see them dressed up, talking for a living, you see yourself in a uniform busting ass doing "the job", again someone has to be in each role and these people aren't bank breakers nor are they the ones holding you back, they have a lot more in common with you than executives at your company.

You wouldn't take a sales position at Fedex and then think, "you know, each day I'm going to go down to the station and help them out move boxes around for a couple hours, because I appreciate them.", it isn't setup like in any known world.

Slave101

I find it hilarious that people can't see it takes the whole process to work and someone has to be the driver, someone has to be handler, someone has to be sales, someone has to be IT, someone has to be the accountant.

Why ask what they make? Go online and search, avg for Fedex Inside Sales Rep is 45k, not bank breaking. Your sales reps also do not send down the initiative for you to get leads, they don't like them like you don't. Because you give them one, they've already been up and down the account prior and now had to re-touch something they already know the outcome to because the process requires it, like your processes require things.

I don't know one Fedex sales rep that has a Mercedes, I've known about 15 in my time, I'm sure some do or could afford it, but I don't see it as any type of norm, nor do I see them flaunt. In general they understand you have a tough job and are the core, they don't belittle you in front of customers like myself. They will take my complaints back from time to time as we all aim higher and expect improvements, but they have to take the feedback I give them back, I demand it.

I'm certain they are sometimes frustrated with the operational processes as you are, neither you nor they control that, they get it. I can safely say this, if you think they complain about you is any type of normal, you have it all wrong. On here and I won't use online forums as the normal, your ill will towards them is immeasurably higher then their ill will towards you.

I'm sure if you wanted to apply yourself you can move into areas like sales, common place at large companies, "but I don't want to?", well then just do your job already, it isn't going to be the way you want it anywhere. Where the most common person in a company makes the most and the more unique positions get a paltry wage. But it seems some just want to be where they are and want a divide between departments, bitch and moan. You see them dressed up, talking for a living, you see yourself in a uniform busting ass doing "the job", again someone has to be in each role and these people aren't bank breakers nor are they the ones holding you back, they have a lot more in common with you than executives at your company.

You wouldn't take a sales position at Fedex and then think, "you know, each day I'm going to go down to the station and help them out move boxes around for a couple hours, because I appreciate them.", it isn't setup like in any known world.
Btw.... $60k is base salary for sales rep. $40k bonus if you keep the costumes that year....

dezguy

You might want to talk to all the sales reps I've had. They all drove luxury vehicles, save for one who had a large family and drove a ridiculously loaded Toyota Sienna. No courier at any of the stations I have worked at are even able to afford something close to what our sales reps drive.

Goldilocks

Tut, wrong again. They all drive High end cars, live in Big Houses and act like total a#### at our stations. We know because we deliver their packages.

Goldilocks

I did some charity work one night, I think it was toys for tots. The local TV stations came. You should have seen sales. Pushing each other to get to the Camara.
Including some managers and Seniors. Heard one say"we are working so hard to help the tots" while she scrunched her hair and put on lip gloss. Me and another guy loaded that balloon painted Grumman with bikes and toys. They are all full of crap.