Drug rehab:what's your opinion

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
How honest????

Earlier this year, I got a ticket for 10 over. The deputy gave me the ticket, told me to flip it over and said, "There are the instructions on how to fight it."

Me, "I do not intend to fight it. I'll just pay it."

Deputy, "You have the option to fight it, the judge could reduce it..."

I cut him off saying, "To fight it, I would say that you lied by writing down 10 over. I was doing that, you caught me fair and square, to fight it would be a lie. I am a clean and sober fellow and do not lie. It is a condition of my sobriety."

TOS, you just earned a spot on my ignore list. May you rot there.
2432628-5157725959-Damn.gif
lol

So yea I'm a real idiot and I have made a few stupid
decisions during my 20 ish yrs with ups, one of them is using marijuana.
I'm a smoke pot before bed kind of guy or kind of drug addict, I know that's how some people look at it and I won't argue the point. It is what it is. I have kept my nose clean and stayed out of trouble until recently when I got arrested for something stupid (drug related)my lawyer says it will probably be dismissed or I'll end up paying fines so I'm not to worried about the legal end of it. HOWEVER unfortunately the township in which it happened puts your photo on their Facebook page. So everybody at work is aware of the situation and I am expecting a drug test upon returning to work. I took three weeks vacation immediately upon hearing that my photo was online, I ordered some at home drug test's and unfortunately my urine still tests positive for THC.Obviously I'm done with using marijuana it's been almost a month but that will mean nothing if they hand me a cup on Monday . I am well aware of protocol, two trained mgt must observe employee action or appearing under the influence but let's be real, they can test me if they want and I won't have a leg to stand on when it comes back positive. I honestly believe I deserve it. From a company standpoint they deserve sober employees so (I'm not crying the-this is unfair blues-I made my bed and in it I shall sleep)my plan is to call the union this morning and request a voluntary admission To rehab as My only goal at this point is maintaining employment. So I guess I'm looking for any advice / opinions / and input that you guys might have, I know I can count on my fellows upsers to be brutally honest . Thanks guys
JUST SAY NO ;(
Don't do drugs

MikeWhite614

Yeah cause that's why addicts don't get clean and stay drug free....a lack of rehab space. Right.
That's not what I am claiming, I am stating marijuana is not addicting and I don't think rehab should even be an option.

Want to quit smoking pot? Put the pipe down... it's that easy and I know this for a fact. I was a heavy pot smoker during and a couple years after high school. Then I realized how it wasn't helping me advance my career so what did I do? I quit smoking. No rehab, no relapse and no post drug use psychological issues.

I still can't put the nicotine down though... :(

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's not what I am claiming, I am stating marijuana is not addicting and I don't think rehab should even be an option.

Want to quit smoking pot? Put the pipe down... it's that easy and I know this for a fact. I was a heavy pot smoker during and a couple years after high school. Then I realized how it wasn't helping me advance my career so what did I do? I quit smoking. No rehab, no relapse and no post drug use psychological issues.

I still can't put the nicotine down though... :(
If the OP goes to a rehab program...it's to save his job. Not because he necessarily needs rehab. And yes...hard core nicotine addict here too. It is what it is.

Z

ZQXC

It's better to get a shrink. You can talk about it and it just mite fix the issues.

Not me, I've been dealing with life for over 60 years w/o any artificial crutch. Comment was directed to the OP.

Besides, I could make a shrink decide to close up shop.