Drug Screening Account Executive

Catatonic

Nine Lives
all the names I have seen at dispensaries are up to 20% thc
THC, by it's mind altering nature, has it's medical uses as well, especially for people with pain, nausea and anxiety.
CBD has a calming, sedative effect when combined with THC, cutting down on the anxiety, paranoia, and memory impairment that many users find unpleasant or debilitating with regular marijuana (like me).

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Medical Marijuana is often a strain with very little THC, especially for arthritis.
This thread is rife with ignorance.

+1

My daughter has degenerative Anklyosing Spondylitis in her spine. She is 26 and needs a cane to walk and has seizures. She uses prescribed medical marijuana (legal in my state) both for the pain and to help prevent the seizures. The alternative for her would be to take Oxycontin for the pain and Phenobarbital for the seizures. I would love a naysayer to explain to me how marijuana could possibly be more harmful than daily use of Oxycontin and Phenobarbital.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
People can't "afford" a coke habit, or a heroin habit, u need to work on your money management skills Pop, my 12 year old nephew supports a pot habit on his 10 buck a day lunch money, I'm sure if u put ur mind to it you can meet a more cost effective source, or if all else plant some of your own behind your camper, ur retired, u got plenty of time to cultivate

Yeah, I should of been more explicit in my post. I've actually tired of smoking it and have given it up altogether. Not to say though that if someone sparked up a blunt in front of me that I would turn it down, more so that I've tired of smoking it on a daily basis. I'm an 8 hour ride from Colorado and wouldn't make the trip just for purchasing it. Actually, my brother lives there and his "source" has the same stuff as the doc grade stuff and has had to price his stuff lower just to stay in business. Last time I was at his house he tossed 8 different pounds on the table all priced much lower than at the apothecary. Best stuff he had was from Oregon, which BTW, in Marion County it is totally legal to grow and buy without a medical card.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I never said I'm "against" pot. George Washington grew it and I don't see it as a huge deal as long as you're not getting baked then climbing behind the wheel. My response was to the OP's initial post worrying about a drug test as I'm tired of the 40,000 threads we're seeing on this in the recent months (the initial post didn't specify which drug anyway). If people are concerned about getting a job, don't do illegal drugs.

I didn't quote you before and I wasn't thinking about you when I did post. I just really think that alcohol is much worse than pot and will express that whenever I can.

I can say that no matter what your state's laws are, it is still Federally illegal and the company for which you are working or applying to will have to follow the Fed.

I would also like to add that you can't overdose on pot. Half-baked, fully baked...it doesn't matter. Stoned is stoned. You might be a little more stoned than usual but there are many factors that come into play. I always had this thing about eating before I got stoned because I thought eating would bring down my high. Yeah, it's why they call it dope!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yeah, I should of been more explicit in my post. I've actually tired of smoking it and have given it up altogether. Not to say though that if someone sparked up a blunt in front of me that I would turn it down, more so that I've tired of smoking it on a daily basis. I'm an 8 hour ride from Colorado and wouldn't make the trip just for purchasing it. Actually, my brother lives there and his "source" has the same stuff as the doc grade stuff and has had to price his stuff lower just to stay in business. Last time I was at his house he tossed 8 different pounds on the table all priced much lower than at the apothecary. Best stuff he had was from Oregon, which BTW, in Marion County it is totally legal to grow and buy without a medical card.

Not quite true.

Yes, we have good weed here in Oregon and yes we just voted to legalize it, but the law does not take effect until this summer. What's actually happening is that Marion County, along with a few others, has decided not to prosecute or enforce minor marijuana cases any longer. Its still technically illegal.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Not quite true.

Yes, we have good weed here in Oregon and yes we just voted to legalize it, but the law does not take effect until this summer. What's actually happening is that Marion County, along with a few others, has decided not to prosecute or enforce minor marijuana cases any longer. Its still technically illegal.

Thanks for the clarification. My brother tends to stretch the truth at times.

J

jibbs

[This post is in response to a rating I received in this thread, not a recent post by a member. My apologies if it causes any confusion amongst the people it's not directed toward.]

Hey, Hey Dr.Brownz? You're a pretty fukkin' slow guy if you don't understand how the Supremacy Clause, the federal scheduling of controlled substances, and how state laws all come together to :censored2: on whatever a state votes on. The only federal protections offered to legalized states at the moment are executive (which have been repeatedly and consistently are violated, so don't really count for :censored2:) and administrative/departmental orders, not legislation. Don't know the difference? Look that :censored2: up, old man, I don't tutor for free.

You want to disagree? You're disagreeing with fact. The ":censored2:" thing is I'm tired of-- err... people like you trying to act like you know :censored2: just because you've got a few years on somebody trying to tell you, directly, that you're fukking wrong.

Dr.Brownz

How many joints can you roll from an eighth?

LOL Dave you've never experienced pot outside of what drug "education" has told you have you? I bet everyone who is saying "don't do illegal drugsz!!!" is in the same boat but won't admit that because they want to believe they are experts on pot.

Hardly anyone smokes joints these days. Pot is not cigarettes. The answer to your question is variable anyway based on how much pot you put in each joint. You could roll an 1/8 into a huge joint if you had a big enough paper or you could roll like 30 pinners if you made them really small.

Drug testing must be more prevalent in other regions because I've never heard of anyone being tested here (everyone at my driver school class smoked too and that was people from all around the region). The only people who get tested are people with CDL's because the DOT requires it. Some of you may have been confusing the DOT physical's piss test with a drug test. They check your blood sugar and other stuff like that in that test.

And who ever is paying 120 for an 1/8th is getting ripped off. I've paid less than that for an ounce. Even in the legal stores here (which are a huge ripoff too) it's still only like 60-80 an eighth.

Dr.Brownz

[This post is in response to a rating I received in this thread, not a recent post by a member. My apologies if it causes any confusion amongst the people it's not directed toward.]

Hey, Hey Dr.Brownz? You're a pretty fukkin' slow guy if you don't understand how the Supremacy Clause, the federal scheduling of controlled substances, and how state laws all come together to :censored2: on whatever a state votes on. The only federal protections offered to legalized states at the moment are executive (which have been repeatedly and consistently are violated, so don't really count for :censored2:) and administrative/departmental orders, not legislation. Don't know the difference? Look that :censored2: up, old man, I don't tutor for free.

You want to disagree? You're disagreeing with fact. The ":censored2:" thing is I'm tired of-- err... people like you trying to act like you know :censored2: just because you've got a few years on somebody trying to tell you, directly, that you're fukking wrong.

LOL so much rage. Calm down. Getting mad can cause ED

Where does the constitution say that the Federal Government can outright ban plants?

Why did the government need to pass a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol?

Your just regurgitating the same arguments I've heard for years dude....nothing new

J

jibbs

I think my anxiety's turning into neuroticism. My apologies about that. I'm trying to work on it but it seems to just get worse... I just thought you were hitting me with a random disagree and I got angry, off the bat. I won't lie about it. Sorry, man. My tone was unnecessary and thanks for not responding in kind.

LOL so much rage. Calm down. Getting mad can cause ED

Where does the constitution say that the Federal Government can outright ban plants?

Why did the government need to pass a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol?

Your just regurgitating the same arguments I've heard for years dude....nothing new

It's regurgitated because it's in the Constitution.

Supremacy Clause said:
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

In a nutshell, this has most recently been interpreted as (the extremely basic) federal law trumps state and local law.

In the 1970's, marijuana was classified as an (illegal) Schedule 1 drug by the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970.

In the 2010's, marijuana has started to become decriminalized and even legal on state levels, giving state and local official quasi-legal grounds not to pursue minor marijuana offenses. The drug itself, however, remains scheduled and, as such, open to prosecution by federal authorities. The only thing preventing that prosecution are departmental mandates which can be and often are ignored-- likewise with the presidential orders that Obama signed off on declaring CA medicinal dispensaries off-limits, and almost immediately violating his own orders by using DEA agents to raid CA dispensaries all the while twiddling his thumbs and pretending nothing was happening.

So yes, states have legalized the drug in small amounts. Federally, it remains scheduled. That's the gist. That's the law.

The reality of the situation in isolated parts of the country may be different, but even state-legal marijuana is still federally illegal, and that's the point that some people don't seem to understand even though I'm obviously in agreeance with the fact that, on the state level, marijuana is accepted in some areas of the country by local law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

I think my anxiety's turning into neuroticism. My apologies about that. I'm trying to work on it but it seems to just get worse... I just thought you were hitting me with a random disagree and I got angry, off the bat. I won't lie about it. Sorry, man.

It's regurgitated because it's in the Constitution.

In a nutshell, this has most recently been interpreted as (the extremely basic) federal law trumps state and local law.

In the 1970's, marijuana was classified as an (illegal) Schedule 1 drug by the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970.

In the 2010's, marijuana has started to become decriminalized and even legal on state levels, giving state and local official quasi-legal grounds not to pursue minor marijuana offenses. The drug itself, however, remains scheduled and, as such, open to prosecution by federal authorities. The only thing preventing that prosecution are departmental mandates which can be and often are ignored-- likewise with the presidential orders that Obama signed off on declaring CA medicinal dispensaries off-limits, and almost immediately violating his own orders by using DEA agents to raid CA dispensaries all the while twiddling his thumbs and pretending nothing was happening.

So yes, states have legalized the drug in small amounts. Federally, it remains scheduled. That's the gist. That's the law.

The reality of the situation in isolated parts of the country may be different, but even state-legal marijuana is still federally illegal, and that's the point that some people don't seem to understand even though I'm obviously in agreeance with the fact that, on the state level, marijuana is accepted in some areas of the country by local law enforcement.

I understand the argument your putting forth, I just disagree. Again dude you act like I've never heard of this before.

The constitution enumerates congress's powers. New powers are added through amendments. No where does it say congress has the right to ban a plant substance.

The fact is: unconstitutional laws are being enforced through the use of violence, just like through out all of human history. At it's heart we are still very much like the apes we evolved from.

J

jibbs

You're right. There's nothing specific about substances in the constitution. It just gives the federal government rights to try and pass laws that don't conflict with the rest of the constitution, and the laws that they do manage to pass will supersede any conflicting state, local and municipal laws.

The problem is how it all gets interpreted-- it's like a chain or a domino effect:

The supremacy cause is in place, giving federal authority "law of the land."

Later, Congress, a large part of that federal authority I just mentioned, enacted the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 which criminalized marijuana as one of the worst drugs according to the law. This legislation was enacted federally, which is important to note because that fact means that it falls under the rather large umbrella of the Supremacy Clause-- making any conflicting state laws null and void if the matter were ever taken to court for whatever reason.

So no, you're absolutely right-- the Constitution doesn't mention anything about plants or substances or the like in the clauses that I'm mentioning. The connection is made a bit more clear when you start to connect the dots from one concept to another, though.

Does that make more sense? I mean, cool if you disagree, I just don't see how a person could if I could just find a way to make myself a bit more clear... :ignored:

[EDIT: For the record, I think it's bull:censored2: that it works this way. I think the government should step the :censored2: out of my medicine cabinet and let me do me provided I remain a productive, self-sustaining member of society. Our federal laws are just behind on the times, though, and it's some bull:censored2:, seriously.]