drug test

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Loucardsfan21, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Loucardsfan21

Loucardsfan21 New Member

I was a rehire from seasonal employment and was in the new training class and the manager thought I was under the influence which I was not. I did have drugs in my system though. The manager sent hr over to drug test me and I did. I was wondering what would happen next? Do I go into work monday unless I get a call from hr? Will I be fired? I just want the best advice to prevent getting fired since im not protected by the union. Any advice? Should I admit to having a drug problem and seek treatment to keep my job? Please help

2. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Just worried about last nights doobie?

3. Package_Donkey14

Package_Donkey14 milk was a bad choice

How are you not under the influence with drugs in your system?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I believe the contract allows for a certain amount of drugs in your system. Not sure of the amounts or how that works(doesn't concern myself)but there is specifics in the contract to this.

5. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

If you're scheduled to report to work, report to work. Again... unless you've been told not to report to work, or if you receive a call before your shift informing you not to report to work, report to work.

You're within your probationary period. UPS does not need to provide a reason to terminate your employment... in fact, they very rarely formally terminate probationary employees. Instead, they just stop scheduling them to report to work.

You could certainly try to plead that you need help for a drug problem -- it never hurts to try. Maybe management is empathetic toward your situation.

But let's be realistic: management thought you were under the influence of drugs while on the clock and ordered a drug test. Even if you were a senior employee... it's usually too late at this point. Quite frankly, I'm surprised a new hire was given a drug test, instead of just never being called back into work. Unless your management team is really empathetic...

You're done. It's time to move on.

6. Loucardsfan21

Loucardsfan21 New Member

How do I know if they stop scheduling me for work? Who should I call/talk to about this issue from ups

Sent using BrownCafe App

7. jaker

jaker trolling

Just go to work tomorrow and see what they say , don't make it more of an issue then it is unless you know you didn't pass the test

8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

The simplest way to avoid this is, dont. They can check my urine, hair, blood whatever they want and its a great feeling to know, Im safe. Now when I retire, I might go buy a truckload of weed, which stays in your system, with no effect, for 30 + days, It is enough to get fired for, it is still now illegal, in most states, so do not. Simple, want to work, dont do drugs. As for who to call I would have my BA there to help me through the mess. I would show up, early, well groomed, and hope for the best.

9. Loucardsfan21

Loucardsfan21 New Member

I am 99 percent sure I failed the drug test

Sent using BrownCafe App

10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Just say no

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

There's no need for you to call - it's beyond your control.

If this just happened Friday, management may not have the results available until after your shift's been completed tomorrow.

You may be informally terminated, in which you'll receive a phone call, or be told when you report to work (beginning or end), not to report again until you're called to do so. Maybe they'll just leave it at 'not to report again.'

You may be slightly more formally terminated, in which you're brought into the office, explained to that management suspected you were under the influence and that you subsequently failed a drug test - thus, your employment is being terminated.

They may also tell you over the phone that you failed your drug test and not to report to work again.

IF management desires for you to continue your employment, you'll be given an opportunity to plead for your job. But there's nobody to call and plead to -- they ordered a drug test, you failed it, they don't care.

12. jaker

jaker trolling

Well with that said , go to work when you are supposed to and see what is going to happen to you

13. toonertoo

I agree

14. Loucardsfan21

Loucardsfan21 New Member

Will they give me a call ahead or no?

Sent using BrownCafe App

15. toonertoo

They might they might not. Be prepared t show up. We hope you are worried over Nothing

16. jaker

jaker trolling

Dude listen go to work like you are supposed to unless they call you

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

I'm pretty sure by law a medical review officer has to call you to discuss your results if you fail.

18. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

First things first. If you were removed from duty for a drug test because you reported to work "under the influence" ( no matter what levels), then you are removed until you are directed to report. I am sure they told you this at the doctors office. There is NO WAY they wouldnt. You have to sign documents during the test.

Second, regardless of the level of drugs, let me be the first to say that YOU DONT BELONG at UPS if you are a drug user of any kind. Peoples lives depend on the sober actions of their fellow workers and the last thing anyone needs is a "loaded" guy handling the belt system, or a package car, or a forklift.

Personally, I hope you fail and get walked out permanately. I cant stand drug users.

TOS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Loucardsfan21

Loucardsfan21 New Member

Pretty much hr pulled me out and told me to pee in a cup than leave

Sent using BrownCafe App

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Go to work tomorrow but don't be surprised if they send you right back home----permanently.