Drug Testing for Package Delivery Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I dont know about pre employment. But the dot physicals I have to take just test for diabetes. No drugs

Bearington

I dont know about pre employment. But the dot physicals I have to take just test for diabetes. No drugs

I GREATLY appreciate this response. No where in my application was it disclosed to me that a Drug test would be required prior to employmeny, only that a DOT Physical was required.

Bearington

What medical reason do you use as your excuse for why you smoke pot?

If you know you have a baby on the way, why not get all your crap in order well in advance of a job opportunity? Not just 4 days before a test?

You won't be drug tested, but if you are as much of a hard worker as I'm thinking, you'll DQ anyways.

Time to grow up, Billy

Hey Mr Know it all, I found out my girlfriend was pregnant last Friday and I stopped smoking this Monday.... Applied on Tuesday and now I am in this predicament.

Assumptions really do make you look like an :censored2:.

Bearington

Also, I suffer from anxiety, depression, and being bi-polar. I have about 5 different pills that are prescribed to me and I would much rather smoke weed then take prescription drugs.

Anyone else care to know more about my life than answer my question?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I GREATLY appreciate this response. No where in my application was it disclosed to me that a Drug test would be required prior to employmeny, only that a DOT Physical was required.
You don't get drug tested for a DOT physical. The only reason you would get drug tested in delivery is if you gave the company reasonable cause to believe that you were using drugs. So basically don't worry about it unless you want to go into feeders.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If you would do your research you'd see why I can't get a medical card in New Jersey, you have to be damn near dying to receive one because our governor doesn't want to expand the medicinal program. If i was in California I would already have one.
I don't need to do any research. Unless a doctor wrote you a prescription it isn't medicinal. Period.
Guys just to clarify, it is for Package Delivery driver and does NOT require me to have a CDL.... I do know that the DOT Physical exams vary based on if the job requires a CDL or not.
You're talking to a board of package car drivers. The people who have offered their advice know what the test entails.

I know plenty of ways to detox naturally without "Those detox methods"
I'd love to hear how you're going to do it then. Because I know medical doctors who have said there is no way to detox, only time rids THC from the body. So unless you're going to cut all the fat out of your body, you're not going to beat it.

No where in my application was it disclosed to me that a Drug test would be required prior to employmeny, only that a DOT Physical was required.
It's at the doctor's discretion. I have DOT and FAA First Class medical certificates. If the doctor wants to test you for diabetes and drugs, they absolutely can. I know someone who got tested for drugs during his second exam, but not the first by the same doctor.

oldngray

nowhere special
Guys just to clarify, it is for Package Delivery driver and does NOT require me to have a CDL.... I do know that the DOT Physical exams vary based on if the job requires a CDL or not.

Thanks for all of the opinions thus far everyone.
For package delivery you don't need a CDL but you do need to pass a physical and get a DOT card.

T

Turdferguson

Also, I suffer from anxiety, depression, and being bi-polar. I have about 5 different pills that are prescribed to me and I would much rather smoke weed then take prescription drugs.

Anyone else care to know more about my life than answer my question?
Dude if you suffer from these ailments this not the job for you. They will eat you alive, and you'll find yourself having a panic attack curled up in a ball from your mussels constricting. Only thing the test for is diabetes for the dot physical, find something less stressful to support your family

Bearington

Dude if you suffer from these ailments this not the job for you. They will eat you alive, and you'll find yourself having a panic attack curled up in a ball from your mussels constricting. Only thing the test for is diabetes for the dot physical, find something less stressful to support your family

I've grown to be able to control it, it won't affect me on a daily basis which is why I had no problems stopping. Just want to know what I'm up against. Thank you very much for the reply brotha!

What's going on guys? I'm sure you guys get this question often but I have searched the internet and honestly couldnt find a legitimate response for this question.

I would love to know if UPS does a pre-employment drug screen for Package Delivery Drivers.

Currently, I smoke marijuana on the daily for medical reasons although I don't have a medical card as it is pretty difficult to get one in Jersey.

I stopped smoking on Monday of this week (it is now thursday) and I have an appointment on Monday. Apparently I'll be doing a road test. They also mentioned that a DOT Physical exam is required for the position.

The reason I want to know if they drug test is because I am a pretty heavy man 6'1 240ish lbs. I smoke more than once a day, everyday. IF they do drug test then I need to start performing heavy exercise and try to Detox my body as soon as possible.

I have a baby on the way and this job would really help secure stability for my family, any information at all is greatly appreciated!!!!
UPS only drug tests CDL drivers, not PC drivers. Thus, you're fine. Don't stress it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've grown to be able to control it, it won't affect me on a daily basis which is why I had no problems stopping. Just want to know what I'm up against. Thank you very much for the reply brotha!

What about the 5 drugs your supposed to be on.
No drugs no weed sounds like a bad combination

Status
Not open for further replies.