Drug Testing for Package Delivery Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What's going on guys? I'm sure you guys get this question often but I have searched the internet and honestly couldnt find a legitimate response for this question.

I would love to know if UPS does a pre-employment drug screen for Package Delivery Drivers.

Currently, I smoke marijuana on the daily for medical reasons although I don't have a medical card as it is pretty difficult to get one in Jersey.

I stopped smoking on Monday of this week (it is now thursday) and I have an appointment on Monday. Apparently I'll be doing a road test. They also mentioned that a DOT Physical exam is required for the position.

The reason I want to know if they drug test is because I am a pretty heavy man 6'1 240ish lbs. I smoke more than once a day, everyday. IF they do drug test then I need to start performing heavy exercise and try to Detox my body as soon as possible.

I have a baby on the way and this job would really help secure stability for my family, any information at all is greatly appreciated!!!!
Forget about driving. Marijuana is more important or necessary to you right now.

Bearington

What about the 5 drugs your supposed to be on.
No drugs no weed sounds like a bad combination
Ironically, using weed has made me not depend on anything besides extreme relaxation in order to avoid those symptoms. Throughout the day if my mind is occupied I have no issues with my health or going crazy, its usually when im home alone or literally doing nothing when my mind starts to wander and get all :censored2:ed up lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ironically, using weed has made me not depend on anything besides extreme relaxation in order to avoid those symptoms. Throughout the day if my mind is occupied I have no issues with my health or going crazy, its usually when im home alone or literally doing nothing when my mind starts to wander and get all :censored2:ed up lol

Just what every building needs another
ticking time bomb!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
You may not get tested for drugs at first but continuing to do so is stupid. If anything happens you can get tested then you could kiss your job and your ass goodbye. Do you feel lucky?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You don't get drug tested for a DOT physical. The only reason you would get drug tested in delivery is if you gave the company reasonable cause to believe that you were using drugs. So basically don't worry about it unless you want to go into feeders.
You are subject to post accident drug testing also.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What's going on guys? I'm sure you guys get this question often but I have searched the internet and honestly couldnt find a legitimate response for this question.

I would love to know if UPS does a pre-employment drug screen for Package Delivery Drivers.

Currently, I smoke marijuana on the daily for medical reasons although I don't have a medical card as it is pretty difficult to get one in Jersey.

I stopped smoking on Monday of this week (it is now thursday) and I have an appointment on Monday. Apparently I'll be doing a road test. They also mentioned that a DOT Physical exam is required for the position.

The reason I want to know if they drug test is because I am a pretty heavy man 6'1 240ish lbs. I smoke more than once a day, everyday. IF they do drug test then I need to start performing heavy exercise and try to Detox my body as soon as possible.

I have a baby on the way and this job would really help secure stability for my family, any information at all is greatly appreciated!!!!
No. You will not be drug tested during your DOT physical.

Only feeder drivers are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.

Package drivers are only subject to reasonable cause and post accident. Reasonable cause means at least 2 members of management, trained in observing the signs of drug use, agree that you are impaired and can order a drug test on you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's totally agianst any laws of the forum but you targeted that post at me while I kindly named no names beforehand.
I didn't call you a name. I said you ACT like an row of asterisks. Using profanity (censored words) on here is a violation of the rules....but I guess that's okay, right?

Bearington

Get used to the hazing, these :censored2: on here will give it to you big time, develop thick skin.

I don't mind getting hazed... It's just the fact that people are giving useless information when I'm clearly in a bit of a jam here. I will NOT Continue to smoke weed from this point forward. This was just a thread for me to be informed on what I will be facing come Monday.

Bearington

No. You will not be drug tested during your DOT physical.

Only feeder drivers are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.

Package drivers are only subject to reasonable cause and post accident. Reasonable cause means at least 2 members of management, trained in observing the signs of drug use, agree that you are impaired and can order a drug test on you.

Thank you for your very helpful insight brotha!

HardknocksUPSer

I didn't call you a name. I said you ACT like an row of asterisks. Using profanity (censored words) on here is a violation of the rules....but I guess that's okay, right?
Listen I don't have a problem with you except for when you specifically try to target me, and it happens often, everytime I post a topic looking for actually anwsers, I get smartelic comments from you in paticular, I'm like the OP in this thread, I just want straight forward anwsers. Not some baby back bull.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Also, I suffer from anxiety, depression, and being bi-polar. I have about 5 different pills that are prescribed to me and I would much rather smoke weed then take prescription drugs.

Anyone else care to know more about my life than answer my question?

I answered your question, pal. If you aren't going for a cdl then keep smoking because you're "anxious and depressed" lol

So cute.

By the way, my assumptions don't make me look like an @s, they make me a grown up who laughs at your childish issue

Status
Not open for further replies.