Drug Testing for Package Delivery Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Also, I suffer from anxiety, depression, and being bi-polar. I have about 5 different pills that are prescribed to me and I would much rather smoke weed then take prescription drugs.

Anyone else care to know more about my life than answer my question?
I wish you luck, and I wish it were legal where you are, as IMO it is much better for your anxiety and depression, than to take those awful meds. But It is going to be a very hard job for you to do this job without a particular cool mindset. It is total stress for most people.

Bearington

Don't smoke anything if you want to have continued employment at ups.

All I've been doing as of late is vaping E-Cigarettes. If nicotine is also an issue then I'm screwed LOL

Once again, Thanks EVERYONE! Including all of the trolls. I really got the information i needed from the employee handbook but I'm sure all of you had fun stirring this pot lol.

If anyone else needs any info related to this same kinda question here is the actual employee handbook that should clarify things up as it did for me! http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/2013-2018_ups_master_agreement-final.pdf

Bearington

I wish you luck, and I wish it were legal where you are, as IMO it is much better for your anxiety and depression, than to take those awful meds. But It is going to be a very hard job for you to do this job without a particular cool mindset. It is total stress for most people.

Basically, my symptoms affect me mainly at night once I am home. I can handle a high paced work environment, I actually prefer it as it keeps me occupied and not looking at my watch throughout the entire day.

Bearington

I really don't know where people get the idea that because I said I smoke weed I would be a bad candidate or unproductive in this field. Marijuana does not hinder any of my skills, and if you smoke weed and become unable to do daily functions then you should not be smoking.

Bearington

I do see how smoking before/on the actual job could be a huge problem.

Well, thanks again guys! Appreciate all the help from everyone.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Also, I suffer from anxiety, depression, and being bi-polar. I have about 5 different pills that are prescribed to me and I would much rather smoke weed then take prescription drugs.

Anyone else care to know more about my life than answer my question?
Completely the wrong job for somebody with your issues. You won't last.

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Driving for UPS is a great career move for somebody like you.

Good luck with the kid.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Dude your FINE don't listen to any of these haters just go and take the test, no detox needed AT ALL, they don't test for pot, just crack, just don't smoke crack and you'll be all good to go, they'll probably have you start that day so be ready to go, probably get your own route that day too welcome aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.