Drug Testing in Louisville KY

rocket man

Hey dude if your doing drugs i hope they catch you befor you get a chance to degrade our company. Our supervisors degrade our company. enough we dont need more morons.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Not sure where you are getting your facts,I worked on an ambulance before coming to UPS and people driving on drugs caused just as many accidents/fatalities as drunks if not more.This is my final reply on this matter.

SmithBarney

Bring it on... I'll pee inside, outside, upside down, until the coffers are full..
and they'll always be negative..

If you are worried.. go work at best buy.. otherwise don't worry about it.

U

USPS

The USPS requires anyone handling mail to be drug tested so if your looking for a job that's handling mail you must be tested.

over9five

Staff member
I made an effort to check if Looper was right that pot smokers cause at least as many fatalities as drunks. I searched the DOT website, and was led to FARS (Fatality Analysis Reporting System).

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Trends/TrendsAlcohol.aspx

There are thousands of alcohol related fatalities, but they don't even track marijuana related fatalities. I'm guessing because the number is so small, it just isn't possible to track.

I could be wrong. If anyone can find a better (reliable) source, chime in.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Everyone should not use drugs, and i will be a sponsor for you if need be. Now if you have any drugs in your possesion just pm what kind and i will set up a meet point to assist you in getting rid of these drugs so that you can kick the habit and become a good upstanding upser!

J

JonFrum

My friend and I have applied for night sort package handler positions in Louisville. We have heard lately that UPS now tests everyone, including package handlers. One said that only day sort new hires are being tested and that night sort new hires are not. Does anyone know FOR SURE [100%] if any of this is reliable?

PLEASE HELP!!!

The Contract says only employees who drive tractor-trailers are subject to random drug testing. Others are only subject to "reasonable cause" testing, like when you appear to be under the influence. Don't know about pre-employment testing.
ARTICLE 35. EMPLOYEE'S BAIL, LICENSE, SUBSTANCE AND ALCOHOL TESTING
Section 3.1 Employees Who Must Be Tested

UPS employees subject to Department of Transportation mandated drug testing are drivers of vehicles with a vehicle weight rating over 26,000 pounds, requiring a commercial driver license (CDL). This includes mechanics and employees who relieve for vacations or other temporary vacancies. Any employee who drives a tractor-trailer and is on the qualified feeder driver list is also subject to DOT mandated testing as provided in this Agreement.

In addition to testing mandated employees, controlled substance testing will be part of prequalification conditions for feeder driver employment, and those persons transferring to a feeder driver position. Individuals who are on a "bid list" for tractor- trailer employment or other similar classification type jobs are subject to being tested for controlled substances before being accepted into such a position.

Employees covered by this Collective Bargaining Agreement who are not subject to DOT mandated drug testing are only subject to reasonable cause testing as provided herein. The substances for which testing shall be conducted, and cut-off levels thereto, shall be consistent with those listed for the DOT-covered employees. This provision also applies to testing conducted pursuant to rehabilitation and after care programs.
Click on the "NMA 02-08" link at the left side of this page, and read Article 35. Rules for alcohol testing are similar. The government may change the rules, at some point, especially for airport workers and those handling air packages.

CRASH501

I have seen the nurse roll into my depot with her lil suitcase on wheels for local sort randoms but i do believe it must be justified where as 2 management persons must concur that they believe that you are under the influence.....in the words of a center manager if we tested this center we would lose 75% of our staffing supervisors included .......i myself can give you a clean sample
Brush avenues finest

myback

the company is more worried about the meth-drugs anyway, boosting a persons energy and eliminating the need for food or rest. what a perfect drug for ups workers. alcohol is pretty obvious from all the data and there is no hiding the smell of a drunk. the devastation alcohol has done can not be compared to maryjane. is mary harmless, no, like anything else too much is usually not a good idea. meth, smack, crank, coke, crack, speed, those are the drugs that do most of the damage to our society and booze and cigarettes are just as deadly if not more. these drugs are manufactured and distributed along taxed routes and their results have multiple effects but mostly its to impose control upon the masses, drugged up people wont ask questions. maryjane doesnt need and any kind of organizations for it to grow only sun,soil and water and to include mary in this list of killers is very small minded. it's illegal, yes it is but it wasn't always illegal, in the past it's growth and cultvation was licensed by the govt and was used for various products and its personal use was not a big concern to most law enforcers. but then there was a realization that the govt should be more worried about maryjane not about what it would do but rather what it wouldnt do. it wouldnt keep the user in a mental state of chaos and sickness making him much more easily pliable and subdubed. it also used to be illegal for women to own land or vote. it also used to be illegal for a black person to travel without govt documents verifying that he was not a slave. it also used to be illegal to hire chineese workers for jobs other than washing clothes. freedom is never free and ignorance will always be a fierce enemy. step out of your little world once in a while and let ja shine on.

johnhammer

My friend and I have applied for night sort package handler positions in Louisville. We have heard lately that UPS now tests everyone, including package handlers. One said that only day sort new hires are being tested and that night sort new hires are not. Does anyone know FOR SURE [100%] if any of this is reliable?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Just a fact of life, most companies are checking so if you don't want to flip burgers. time to put down the pipe or whatever.:soapbox:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I made an effort to check if Looper was right that pot smokers cause at least as many fatalities as drunks. I searched the DOT website, and was led to FARS (Fatality Analysis Reporting System).

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Trends/TrendsAlcohol.aspx

There are thousands of alcohol related fatalities, but they don't even track marijuana related fatalities. I'm guessing because the number is so small, it just isn't possible to track.

I could be wrong. If anyone can find a better (reliable) source, chime in.

In another thread in labor issues, there was referenced an article that said "marijuana was linked to 2.5% of crashes, while alcohol was linked to 29%"

I would imagine most of those marijuana incidents were a combination of the two as well....which is far more intoxicating than just one alone..

Hedley_Lamarr

In another thread in labor issues, there was referenced an article that said "marijuana was linked to 2.5% of crashes, while alcohol was linked to 29%"

I would imagine most of those marijuana incidents were a combination of the two as well....which is far more intoxicating than just one alone..
Pot and booze is a very nasty combination.

atatbl

funny.jpg

daniellephers.

If anyone cares to know, I went to my interview today and they only drug test employees on 2DA. When I worked 2DA in 2006 I didn't get drug tested so that all changed recently.

Also, my "handle" is not my real name.

But thanks to everyone.