Drug Testing in Louisville KY

Fnix

Most people who drink are at bars and get in accidents on the way home. People who smoke usually take a few hits and usually dont go driving while high.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My friend and I have applied for night sort package handler positions in Louisville. We have heard lately that UPS now tests everyone, including package handlers. One said that only day sort new hires are being tested and that night sort new hires are not. Does anyone know FOR SURE [100%] if any of this is reliable?

PLEASE HELP!!!
why should it matter !!!!! if you are clean then there is no problem correct?? if not , we don't need you simple as that!!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I didn't get drug tested at my last DOT physical...Good thing too, I have high blood pressure, and took a vallium to lower it for the test....
hope you have a presc. for it, if you ever have a bad accident with ups equiptment you could be tested per order of U.P.S or the D.O.T !! high B.P is serious and your DR. will give you drugs to control it legally and save your life!! you will pass the DOT pys if your on it be careful

bears2

Myself?...i dont wanna work with a drunk or a drug user. There is alot that can happen if someone isnt 100% focused on what they are doing.I have known alotta people in my years at ups who were pot smokers and while most were "good guys", most also were lazy, didnt show up to work consistantly and they seemed to lack common sense. A "drug" (pain pills,etc)user on the other hand is totally worthless and a extreme safety risk and i wont and dont wanna work with any. A drunk will plainly get weeded out soon enuff. I am pro union as they next guy and i dont see /dont hear when it comes to my teamster brother being disciplined. But i refuse to work with someone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Too many safety issues in the area i work at to let someone jeopardize my safety and the livelihood of my family.
drugs and alcohol are in the same category as far as i am concerned.

As far as ups drug testing new hires? i doubt they are an i havent heard such . But if your on drugs,please,stay away!