drug testing policy

Nimnim

The Nim
As far as loaders they have to either exhibit behavior that would warrant a test, which would be observed by more than one person or flat out say something in conversation to the wrong person that they are probably using.

I kinda miss my last jobs drug policy. Something along the lines of "If you come to work in a state that is not normal." So if you were high from day 1 they couldn't hit you for it. Then again this was a call center so sometimes you definitely needed to be on something to be "professional" to customers on the phone.

Ok so I don't come to work high much less do it when I'm not at work...just a simple question on the policies that's all...the contract book we are given does not outline the whole policy and is unclear on how when or why. If anybody knows of the article or can give a better interpretation of what it says that would be great...I do believe it is funny that it is 2015 and we still have people with little to no knowledge of what they are talking about. I know of at least 5 drivers that have multiple DUI's since being put on full time and they still have a job. I understand coming to work under the influence of any substance is dumb so all I want is an overall better understanding of ups policy thanks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok so I don't come to work high much less do it when I'm not at work...just a simple question on the policies that's all...the contract book we are given does not outline the whole policy and is unclear on how when or why. If anybody knows of the article or can give a better interpretation of what it says that would be great...I do believe it is funny that it is 2015 and we still have people with little to no knowledge of what they are talking about. I know of at least 5 drivers that have multiple DUI's since being put on full time and they still have a job. I understand coming to work under the influence of any substance is dumb so all I want is an overall better understanding of ups policy thanks.
If you were drug-free...you wouldn't give a rat's ass about UPS drug testing policy. Read the contract.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If you don't use drugs why the need to throw in the drivers having multiple DUIs?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1430421758.897771.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As far as loaders they have to either exhibit behavior that would warrant a test, which would be observed by more than one person or flat out say something in conversation to the wrong person that they are probably using.

I kinda miss my last jobs drug policy. Something along the lines of "If you come to work in a state that is not normal." So if you were high from day 1 they couldn't hit you for it. Then again this was a call center so sometimes you definitely needed to be on something to be "professional" to customers on the phone.

My son worked in a call center for a few months. One time he thought he had put a difficult client on hold, turned to a co-worker and said something to the effect of "Dude, this guys a real :censored2:" only to find out the caller had not been placed on hold. Ooops!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Article 35 Section 3 of the Master explains it very clearly.

It explains who must be tested, random testing and defines the parameters for reasonable cause testing.

Feeder drivers and mechanics are subject to pre-employment testing, post accident testing, random testing, and reasonable cause testing.

Package drivers are subject to post accident testing and reasonable cause testing.

Inside employees who do not drive are subject to reasonable cause testing. Article 35 Section 3.8 of the master.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You really would want to drive something worked on by someone on drugs? You have a lot to learn about being a mechanic.

I can also assure you the mechanics are doing the best they can with the hand they are dealt. Shall I start in on low quality, abusive driving which adds to my already overwhelming workload?

If I have to explain that it was a joke, I guess the humor kinda goes out the window...but I digress.

EasyTrucker

What contract book do you have? 2/3 of the national contract is dedicated to the how's, why's, and when's, of drug and alcohol testing and DUI policies. Explained down to the last detail!

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Article 35 Section 3 of the Master explains it very clearly.

It explains who must be tested, random testing and defines the parameters for reasonable cause testing.

Feeder drivers and mechanics are subject to pre-employment testing, post accident testing, random testing, and reasonable cause testing.

Package drivers are subject to post accident testing and reasonable cause testing.

Inside employees who do not drive are subject to reasonable cause testing. Article 35 Section 3.8 of the master.
I was surprised to find out I was not going to be drug tested to get the job as a mechanic.

box_beeyotch

I was surprised to find out I was not going to be drug tested to get the job as a mechanic.

I'm really surprised they don't drug test their drivers who are the face of the company. Do you want someone who's on hard drugs driving a ups truck in neighborhoods with children playing? But I'm sure it's because it a costly.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

I thought all the mechanics had to have a CDL, with the possibility of working on, test driving tractors.

And if you need a CDL for your job it is a DOT requirement for a pre-employment drug screen.

Do you have to have a CDL?

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
My sup said if I put in a bid for the feeder side down the road and didn't already have a CDL which I don't, they'd send me to school for it.