drug testing

sx2700

Banned
can anyone give this brother a break....IT'S WEED !!!! it ain't like the dude was smoking at work, on the clock. And all you C-blockers that haven't smoked before, just don't make comments cause you don't know what the friend you are talking about! if dude smokes a joint the night before... he's fine for the next day, it ain't like he's still high. how about you goggle the word WEED.

J. Ferrari
friend/T Pkg then friend/T Mang.

Peace

LOL @ lamer.......How's about you "goggle" the word loser.

H

hseofpayne

can anyone give this brother a break....IT'S WEED !!!! it ain't like the dude was smoking at work, on the clock. And all you C-blockers that haven't smoked before, just don't make comments cause you don't know what the friend you are talking about! if dude smokes a joint the night before... he's fine for the next day, it ain't like he's still high. how about you goggle the word WEED.

J. Ferrari
friend/T Pkg then friend/T Mang.

Peace

You musta been smoking rabbit weed yo whole life. I've smoked some dirty before that took me 2 days to get my head back on straight, not braggin', I'm just sayin' . You act like weed goes through the FDA! You never know what you gone get, from parsley to some chit laced w/ no telling what. Good Luck with yo non-chalant attitude about weed. How bout you "goggle"(must be da weed typin!) UPS drug policy and see what exceptions are given for weed. Oh, and I think theres a UPS detective looking in your window right now!

Ghost in the Darkness

I have read quite a few scentific abstracts which say the opposite- it does not "kill brain cells" as you put it, but does affect short-term memory and cognative thinking and that's the end of it.

Anyway, you took my post obviously as pro-pothead when I pretty much said the opposite, I don't condone it, but think it's not nearly on the same level as other drugs and shouldn't be treated as such...

I didn't say you were pro pothead, I just said stoners do dumb things quite often. We all know who they are. Not only that I've found the amount one smokes has a direct correlation to their lack of ambition.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Lets test everyone , everywhere, all the time.

Forget about actually making products and shipping them.
We could base our whole economy on this.

tieguy

Banned
Recently I stepped out of the rear of the package car and twisted my ankle really bad. Called my super she took my to the doctor while i was there (by myself) the nurse gave me a drug test. Every rule in the contract was broken on getting the sample not having a union rep there and controlling the sample. I told the union what had happened. A couple of days later i was fired. now i have to go to panel to get my job back. Does any one know the chances of me getting my job back. I know there is a rehab program for things like this but my rep wanted to go at it as a break of the contract.

what did you test positive for?

tieguy

Banned
I have been in this situation before. If you get in an accident or an injury they are allowed to test you without doing the observation. I`m asuming you were fired because the results came back positive right ?

I believe we have a winner. Surprised no one pulled up the language on testing for serious accident or injury. This one may be a stretch but could apply.

steeltoe

Anytime you are injured on the job and go to the doctor via workmans comp, you are going to be tested. I know nothing about the protocal with a controlled test, but I believe once you go on the company's money, you loose your contractual rights to testing.

Am I correct?

H

hseofpayne

Anytime you are injured on the job and go to the doctor via workmans comp, you are going to be tested. I know nothing about the protocal with a controlled test, but I believe once you go on the company's money, you loose your contractual rights to testing.

Am I correct?

Just say no to drugs! Then you won't need to worry about all these contract issues.:smart:

U

upinsmoke

Drugs ARE bad, didn't think pot was a drug? test for hard drugs (coke,crack,meth,hair-uhh-run) beer kills your liver, but that's ok? addicted? not to pot.

one day, one sweet day

Braveheart

The thing everyone needs to realize is that we have a contract and laws for a reason. There is a thing called "just cause" and another called "reasonable cause".

If we just let UPS or anyone for that matter do what ever they want without just and or reasonable cause then "hail Hitler".

Having said that, I am against anyone who is "under the influence" of illegal drugs and legal drugs that are abused while on duty operating a motor vehicle.

But, I believe drug addiction have been proven to be a disease and that everyone deserves a second chance as long as they go through a drug program and 3 year probation of random drug testing after that.

Also, was the person "under the influence", or just tested positive for miniscule amounts that in no way influenced his or her driving. Some people do things to help them sleep with a bad back problem and so forth.

Others may have gone through a bad divorce, death in the family, depression, estranged children.

Lets follow the law, have compassion and give "1" second chance, and then send the person packing.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
The thing everyone needs to realize is that we have a contract and laws for a reason. There is a thing called "just cause" and another called "reasonable cause".

If we just let UPS or anyone for that matter do what ever they want without just and or reasonable cause then "hail Hitler".

Having said that, I am against anyone who is "under the influence" of illegal drugs and legal drugs that are abused while on duty operating a motor vehicle.

But, I believe drug addiction have been proven to be a disease and that everyone deserves a second chance as long as they go through a drug program and 3 year probation of random drug testing after that.

Also, was the person "under the influence", or just tested positive for miniscule amounts that in no way influenced his or her driving. Some people do things to help them sleep with a bad back problem and so forth.

Others may have gone through a bad divorce, death in the family, depression, estranged children.

Lets follow the law, have compassion and give "1" second chance, and then send the person packing.

I don't need to give you compassion. The compassion you seek will be from the family members of the person our driver kills when he drives stoned on his second chance. Please take that burden off my shoulders. Go find those family member of the person our guy killed and explain the union rules and the need for compassion to them. Go ahead and explain that hitler thing to them and see if they agree.

Then do me a favor and pay the settlement on the lawsuit those family members will file in the spirit of compassion.

By the way our friend made his original post and then dissapereared. Shouldn't he stick around and explain what he was busted for?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I don't need to give you compassion. The compassion you seek will be from the family members of the person our driver kills when he drives stoned on his second chance. Please take that burden off my shoulders. Go find those family member of the person our guy killed and explain the union rules and the need for compassion to them. Go ahead and explain that hitler thing to them and see if they agree.

Then do me a favor and pay the settlement on the lawsuit those family members will file in the spirit of compassion.

By the way our friend made his original post and then dissapereared. Shouldn't he stick around and explain what he was busted for?

Accidents happen, stoned or not. Your compassion rant is pretty uncompassionate ;) Give us an example of a driver that smoked soley marijuana "stoned" as you say and that drug was a direct cause of a death of a driver. Show me a news article, an example, whatever you can scramble together. Let's see Tieguy, an example of what you just portrayed. Tieguy! ;)

sx2700

Banned
Drugs ARE bad, didn't think pot was a drug? test for hard drugs (coke,crack,meth,hair-uhh-run) beer kills your liver, but that's ok? addicted? not to pot.

one day, one sweet day

You are going to leave a post like this and then contend that pot doesn't do damage to your brain? At least get somebody with a few brain cells left to leave a comprehensible statement for you.

tieguy

Banned
Accidents happen, stoned or not. Your compassion rant is pretty uncompassionate ;) Give us an example of a driver that smoked soley marijuana "stoned" as you say and that drug was a direct cause of a death of a driver. Show me a news article, an example, whatever you can scramble together. Let's see Tieguy, an example of what you just portrayed. Tieguy! ;)

Dude I don't mean to ruin your buzz but are you seriously going to defend the use of pot and driving?

Get a clear head and then reread you post and intent.

feeder53

ADKtrails
My first concern is for the person and their general wellbeing. How did the ankle work out? If you have a problem with drugs or alcohol, be thruthful to yourself and address the issue as it impacts your whole life. There are a lot of good programs out there.
If you had a false posative reading, then ask that they redo using a hair sample as it can be picked up anywhere in the hair shaft, and if you are not on anything, it will be proved there. I never point a finger at anybody else, because when I do...there are three pointing back at me. I find when you do this people around you do not get as defensive and your chances improve....I do believe they can test after an accident and or injury without the others involved. When I was driving for TNT Red Star, they would grab us as we came in the terminal and they would test us there....any terminal......anytime. They followed the MNFA and were within their rights. I have also been to PA. and they (PASP) had stops set up to test for drugs in the rest stops.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Dude I don't mean to ruin your buzz but are you seriously going to defend the use of pot and driving?

Get a clear head and then reread you post and intent.

I am defending the fact that you cannot show any proof to what you just said in all of your high and mighty talk. Your backtracking and refusing to address my question clearly shows this. Show us an example, please! You know as well as I do the answer.

cantwin69

Testing for Marijuana is wrong and unfair in the first place. Why is it OK for someone to down a six pack every night and then go to work the next morning, drive all day and, start again the next night? Alcohol is not only psychologically addictive but there is a physically addictive nature to it as well.
Pot, on the other hand, is simply a weed that grows naturally and can be found just about anywhere on this planet. I would agree there is a psychological dependence one can develop, but stopping all use will not give the user physiological withdrawals like alcohol would. While I'm on the topic - I heard somewhere that over 50% of the US population are on some sort of medication. How many people are driving under the influence of some sort of pill? I'd guess a lot of them are. I found a study saying that 9.6% of the population abuses some sort of drug, whether it is legal or not. That's a lot of people.
I guess my point is that it isn't right to drive while under the influence of anything. Pain pills, alcohol, weed, cocaine, etc. It is not only dangerous to yourself but to others as well. Nobody has the right to endanger other peoples' lives while in their vehicle. Whether it is legal or not is irrelevant.
My problem with drug testing is mainly that it is an invasion of privacy. If I were to smoke a joint 29 days ago, it would still be in my system right now. If I were to down a case of beer, take cocaine, extasy (SP), meth, crack, heroin, prescription drugs, inhale toxic fumes, LSD, all of that would be out of my system in less than a week.
Doesn't sound fair to me!

tieguy

Banned
I am defending the fact that you cannot show any proof to what you just said in all of your high and mighty talk. Your backtracking and refusing to address my question clearly shows this. Show us an example, please! You know as well as I do the answer.

Are you serious. You only need one? Who's high and mighty now?

http://technology.newscientist.com/channel/tech/motoring-tech/dn8407

Keep in mind that a person who is involved in a fatal crash is very likely to be tested for alcohol but hardly ever for any other drugs including the herb you try to defend.
As reviewed in this link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Cm...hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result

cantwin69

Dude, did you read the article? People are always tested for drugs when there is a fatality. Also. the article stated that pot smoking was still less likely to cause a crash than alcohol.