Drunk Supervisor

Hello fellow Upsers, I have been working pt at ups for a little less then a decade. I had worked the night sort for about 7ish years before requesting a move to mornings. Things have been alright for me other than the usual BS the know it all sups try to facilitate. But recently I have noticed a common trend among a certain FT sup, he shows up drunk on a constant basis, smelly drunk its noticeable among my comrades I rarely see it because he hides from me cause i'm not afraid to file on contract fails and have mastered the put it back on them methods, but he recently has started a belligerent trend of writing up the not so well versed in the contract newby employees inciting them to work "faster" not better and being at the bottom of the hill I have to deal with way more BS then I should normally have too. The center manager seems to have a little knowledge about the drunk starts but doesn't care as long as he gets his work done so telling him seems to be worthless. If I worked at a bar or McDonald's or something I could care less but he is the guy "in charge" and daily I see blatant disregard for employee safety, well being, and parcel safety. I'm not trying to put a target on my back and want to remain anonymous in bringing this issue to light to someone that can actually bust his ass so I came here to get some ideas on how to handle. also the guy is a time thief and a real jerk liar (Surprise!) and I feel its about time someone kicked him off the horse he seems to sit so high on. any good ideas or comments would be appreciated thank you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Get witnesses and file a grievance. You have a drunk supervisor in charge of equipment which poses a direct threat to your safety. Once a paper trail is created, the company will fire the guy real quick.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Call the 1800 number. Just tell them you want to be anonymous. Make sure to shut your mouth at work about it so they won't know who did it.

Thank you. So the hotline I take it is 24hrs 7 days? also how soon should I expect action to take place? if nothing is done do I keep calling back? cause sometimes he is sober. would it help if I have my more trusted union brothers and sisters call to get a more hasty response?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Agree with Sober. Find a trusted co-worker or two and talk to them. Assuming that they are on-board with rectifying this ridiculous situation, file a group grievance. Having a trusted steward helps, too.

I wouldn't play with the 1-800 # or helpline, personally. But others have had success.

box_beeyotch

Personally doesn't bother me, go to work, do your job, go home. I'm not so much worried about what my co workers are doing. I get it can be a serious situation, but I'd keep my mouth shut.

Returntosender

Call the 1800 number. Just tell them you want to be anonymous. Make sure to shut your mouth at work about it so they won't know who did it.
It's not anonymous as people are led to believe.
That 800 anonymous, they follow a checklist, sex of caller, background noises, callers tone irrational, calm, panicked, etc. Couldn't this issue be resolved with department management. Caller ID. When corporate notifies operation management of the complaint they ask questions and corporate will reveal certain things.

OP use a burner phone, have a friend buy the phone. When setting up the phone use a another state area code.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It's not anonymous as people are led to believe.
That 800 anonymous, they follow a checklist, sex of caller, background noises, callers tone irrational, calm, panicked, etc. Couldn't this issue be resolved with department management. Caller ID. When corporate notifies operation management of the complaint they ask questions and corporate will reveal certain things.

OP use a burner phone, have a friend buy the phone. When setting up the phone use a another state area code.
Sounds like your italian.....