DSR Question

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Again, as long as you are at the correct address in the first place, it doesn't matter WHO the package is for, or if they're in a cave or tent in the backyard, if you get a signature from someone at that address, you're golden.

overflowed

I was told to either get a walkup, or make a pup. Pickup exception, misdelivery, deliver today. But who knows the rules change daily.

overflowed

Hell, I didn't know the amazon vertical barcode was the astra till the other day. Till someone here brought it up. This billion dollar company doesn't deem it necessary to tell the grunts anything.

Express Courier

You can just add a pup without contacting dispatch. Just hit Add Next to Dispatch and enter the info of the stop. I do this when someone walks up to me or when I've released a pkg and then the customer refuses it. I try not to even deal with dispatch if possible.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It triggers something, as early on in my stay at FDX I did this, and was OLCC'd because of it.

Like I said, if the final POD is after the commit time or on the wrong day, it will register as a an RDL or WDL, respectively.

Some managers get bent out of shape over not jumping through the package retrieval hoops before getting the correct POD.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Haha. Reminds me of a box that got signed for by "S. Omeasianguy". Going to a laundromat. o_O

I never even ask for their name. If they leave a note asking me to leave the package and it's a DSR, I will. They're happy, I get paid for the stop and don't have to go back. I have a lot of customers who told me to do that and even given me PIN numbers to their garages to put the box inside.

jagoff

I never even ask for their name. If they leave a note asking me to leave the package and it's a DSR, I will. They're happy, I get paid for the stop and don't have to go back. I have a lot of customers who told me to do that and even given me PIN numbers to their garages to put the box inside.
You might not wanna do that bud.

It will be fine

Easiest way to get yourself DQ'd from FedEx. It's forgery, the couple bucks for the stop is probably not worth losing your job over.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
That's all well and good until one of those packages gets stolen and they call in to complain about not getting a box they "signed for". :scared:

I've had DSR's disputed before when they actually did sign for it. Went back to check up, no one answered the door. Case closed.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Easiest way to get yourself DQ'd from FedEx. It's forgery, the couple bucks for the stop is probably not worth losing your job over.

Not my prestigious contractor job! What will I do without my pension, healthcare, and 401K!? Oh wait, that's right. Stops have dropped so much that I almost need a second job to get by right now. On the couch by 1:00 everyday though.

Ecw21411

He is correct even though they agreed and took the package they could say they never got and they don't know what your talking about and then set u up for a complaint and Mis delivery. Code 17 will be over ridden once you rescan and get a sig.
Happen to me don't trust these people

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It triggers something, as early on in my stay at FDX I did this, and was OLCC'd because of it.

I just take the signature, whatever it might be. I've had packages signed for by Abe Lincoln, Mickey Mouse, and OJ Simpson. Not my job to figure out who they really are. If someone signed and then says " "It isn't mine", I just re-scan the package , and code it as an incorrect address. The highly skilled personnel back at the station can determine where it really should go.

Not my job.