DTR road driver moving to CHW

gregmilam

Hey guys, I am a road driver out of the Detroit terminal. I am originally from Charleston, WV. I know transfers are no more, so I must resign and get rehired, losing my wage, vacation time, and pretty much everything but time toward my pension. I have a daughter with my ex here in Michigan, but no more time than I get with her, I'm miserable up here, so I've pretty much decided to go back home. The question is, how should I go about putting in a written resignation and being coded as eligible for rehire? The TM in CHW said I could definitely start out part time again, and 90% of those guys down there have over 30 years in, so I'd be FT in no time. Feedback greatly appreciated.

Greg Milam
GREDGE

Your nuts... Stay where your at.... Buy a snowmobile and snow ski's... lol... Enjoy the weather.... Michigan is awesome ... You just got to find a nitch.... Besides you need to stay close to your kid.... This is The Tol driver you know..

gregmilam

Your nuts... Stay where your at.... Buy a snowmobile and snow ski's... lol... Enjoy the weather.... Michigan is awesome ... You just got to find a nitch.... Besides you need to stay close to your kid.... This is The Tol driver you know..

I've pretty much made up my mind bro. I can't do 35 more years up here if I'm not happy. Besides, I only get my kiddo every other weekend. WV is only 300 miles away. I can do the trip every other 2-3 weeks. My kid will be graduated and gone, and I'll still have 20 more years to go in DTR. Not cool LOL