DTS on motorweek

xDELETEDx

So the next time you see one of these trucks out on the open road remember, they're delivering a lot more than just packages, they're delivering safety.

Ever been in a dropframe? Ha

That's a pretty cool article though. A 400 point inspection? Jeez, that's better than Acura dealerships.

rushfan

I also saw the segment about a few months ago. I was trained in feeders right after my trainer went to DTS. So I too was expected to inspect my equipment the same way. I still do, and was told my pretrip is taking too long.

My trainer said failure is high there, and when he graduated it was as if a weight was lifted off of him, and was glad it was over. I guess it is some badge of honor at UPS to be one of the select few to graduate from DTS.

tieguy

Banned
I hear there is a high percentage of failure in this class. Did you?

Qualified. Failure rate generally higher when the trainer is not well prepared before going.
You have to work hard at it before you go and even harder when you get there. The best ups school I ever went to and the most challenging.

tieguy

Banned
Qualified. Failure rate generally higher when the trainer is not well prepared before going.
You have to work hard at it before you go and even harder when you get there. The best ups school I ever went to and the most challenging.

should read well prepared....:blushing: