Dues and Don'ts

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I honestly couldn't imagine what they would do if everyone in the building stayed for 3.5 each day. Most of the hub is done after 2.5 hours the sort is complete, nothing to unload or sort.. Not sure how much longer the loaders stay.

They would start sending people home early, asking for volunteers from the top and then forcing from the bottom.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't know why these people are going home with only 12 hours a day. Union dues are only taking out twice a month and at 10 bucks in hour it should only be about 12-15 bucks. Unless it is different everywhere.
12 hours a day...what are you babbling about? Preloaders start at 11.10/hr, not $10 and yes, when dues are taken out AND the amount vary by local. In some locals, dues are taken out weekly (or bi-weekly) and it can be as high as 3 times your hourly rate. In my local, dues come out once a month and I pay 2.5x my hourly rate.
For someone who's worked here well over a decade, your ignorance is overwhelming.
you should of invited upstate new york over. He could of used a good night out.
I can invite you over and you can borrow my 3 year old nephew's Speak n Spell Elmo.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
12 hours a day...what are you babbling about? Preloaders start at 11.10/hr, not $10 and yes, when dues are taken out AND the amount vary by local. In some locals, dues are taken out weekly (or bi-weekly) and it can be as high as 3 times your hourly rate. In my local, dues come out once a month and I pay 2.5x my hourly rate.
For someone who's worked here well over a decade, your ignorance is overwhelming.

I can invite you over and you can borrow my 3 year old nephew's Speak n Spell Elmo.
Lmfao. Get it all out? Feel better now? Lmao. Have a good weekend. Lol.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I wouldn't mind paying 100 bucks a month. If I could get the pension I was originally quoted. But, due to our locals incompatance. (Plus, them giving themselves raises last yr)

In my building Preloaders lost the extra Dollar Preload pay when PAS was put in. One more concession by the Local.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Believe me. You don't know what unfair is. Unfortunately its been done by the union.over and over again. Concessions for my life with UPS. Only the health care I have NO complaints

Our local union officials have zero control over the pension, as it should be.

UPS has done their part.

Our fund was 107% funded in the late 70's/early 80's and they approved a pension increase rather than sending a check to Uncle Sam for the surplus amount, as it was illegal, at that time, to be more than 100% funded.

No one could have forecasted the economic downturn which wiped 30% of our assets away.

Yes, if the pension folks had made the tough decisions earlier, we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

20% beats the hell out of 33% or 50%.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
People are not getting his point. PT'ers are paying a much higher percentage of their paychecks to the union for dues, then are FT'ers.
Dues for any UPSer over $11 an hour is at least 2.5X their wage.
The OP's point was as a % of earnings, pt's pay disproportionately more than ft's. He is correct.
Fred Z was successful in capping dues for part timers in Local 89 for this very reason.
He tried to address it at the Convention, but he wasn't wearing a red vest,so...