DUI/going full time

Hi all, I am new to this site and looking for some input. I have been working for UPS as a part time preload er for 4,1/2 years. After being with the company for 6 months, I Started Air/Saturday/seasonal driving. In December 2012 I got a DUI (in my personal vehicle). This was during peak and I was working as a seasonal driver at the time. I live I Colorado and this was my second offense. I lost my license for 1 year and have to drive with an ignition interlock for a total of 2 years. I will get my regular license reinstated in January 2016. When will I be eligible to drive for the company again??? I have heard 5 years from the date of offense/conviction. I have also heard 5 years from reinstatement date. I cannot seem to find any info on this in the master contract. Please help, thanks:)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The first DUI wasn't enough to learn a lesson?

That wasn't his question----if he wanted a lecture I'm sure he would have asked for one.

2 DUI's and you are gone in Upstate NY.

We have a driver who told us that his son, who used to be a PT sup, just got his 3rd DUI. My son told me that this means automatic jail time.

Last edited:

box_beeyotch

That wasn't his question----if he wanted a lecture I'm sure he would have asked for one.

We have a driver who told us that his son, who used to be a PT sup, just got his 3rd DUI. My son told me that this means automatic jail time.

In my state if you get two within the same year, your more than likely serving at least six months. We have a guy in my center who has 5 DUIs over a 7 or 8 year span dating back to the 1990s.

ManInBrown

Still sheeting NDA's in the building?

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Hi all, I am new to this site and looking for some input. I have been working for UPS as a part time preload er for 4,1/2 years. After being with the company for 6 months, I Started Air/Saturday/seasonal driving. In December 2012 I got a DUI (in my personal vehicle). This was during peak and I was working as a seasonal driver at the time. I live I Colorado and this was my second offense. I lost my license for 1 year and have to drive with an ignition interlock for a total of 2 years. I will get my regular license reinstated in January 2016. When will I be eligible to drive for the company again??? I have heard 5 years from the date of offense/conviction. I have also heard 5 years from reinstatement date. I cannot seem to find any info on this in the master contract. Please help, thanks:)
In our region you simply have to have a valid DL without any suspensions in the past year. You can do the math from there.

STFXG

I would advise the OP to find a new profession with less responsibility. Professional driving doesn't sound like a good fit.

Clerkboy

sic semper tyrannis
I was in a similar situation while working part-time with UPS. I got a DUI in 1996 at 19 years old. I had no problem when going full-time in 2000. I cant say for sure but I believe the bid sheet says no DUI's within 3 years. I live & work in Ohio. Good luck brother.

UPSGUY72

I was in a similar situation while working part-time with UPS. I got a DUI in 1996 at 19 years old. I had no problem when going full-time in 2000. I cant say for sure but I believe the bid sheet says no DUI's within 3 years. I live & work in Ohio. Good luck brother.

UPS bid sheets for driver position say.

No moving violation in the last 12 month
No more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
No DUI / OUI or reckless driving violations in the last 5 years..

It nothing other than a insurance issue....

barnyard

KTM rider
I told my hr rep i had a suspended license because of a unpaid moving violation and she said I'm fine, lol.

and that is the problem with someone asking a question that requires local knowledge. Had the same thing happen to a guy in my building and he had to wait another year to sign a bid to go FT.

The OP needs to ask either his/her BA or an HR person or both.

PeterPotatoes

Isn't the second DUI a felony? That should make it five years.

UPS is not installing an interlock to accommodate you.
Right now as long as you dont kill anyone or seriously injure, you cant get a felony.
But...... they just passed a law that hasn't been signed in yet
The bill would make a third drunk driving offense within seven years, with aggravating circumstances, a felony instead of a misdemeanor. A fourth DUI would be an outright felony, and mean up to seven years in prison.