DUI, Pre-loader/Holiday Driver?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We all make choices in life and take calculated risks under the circumstances. I'm not going to judge the guy but I will say that when you roll the dice in craps you're eventually going to crap out. Some people can roll for 20 times, some it's just once. It's what we take away from when we finally do get caught or something happens do we realize what is on the line and at stake. Hopefully someone who reads this will think twice before driving drunk home, saving them their job and more importantly possiably someone's life.

brown_trousers

We all make choices in life and take calculated risks under the circumstances. I'm not going to judge the guy but I will say that when you roll the dice in craps you're eventually going to crap out. Some people can roll for 20 times, some it's just once. It's what we take away from when we finally do get caught or something happens do we realize what is on the line and at stake. Hopefully someone who reads this will think twice before driving drunk home, saving them their job and more importantly possiably someone's life.

Calculated risks?? Are you kidding me? Perhaps an airline pilot should make a "calculated risk" and fly while he is only marginally intoxicated. Or maybe a police officer can go on duty making that "calculated risk". By that logic even russian roulette is a calculated risk

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Are you telling us you have never driven after having a few too many?

We had a retirement party for our on-car sup this past summer at a local bar/restaurant on the waterfront. The drinks were flowing freely. Our center manager pulled out the credit card and bought a round of Jagermeister (sp?) shots---I had one and was given the one that was left over. One more shot and 6-8 beers later and Upstate was feeling no pain. The party, as most work parties tend to do, soon degraded to a mgt/hourly pissing contest. (No, not actual urinating...) I left when it started getting stupid and probably shouldn't have driven but I did---I drove through the former AFB as I know the cops rarely patrol that area.

The OP made a (stupid) mistake and is curious as to what this error in judgement has done to his future. From what I understand you will not be able to sign a driving bid for 3 years from the date of conviction.

I appreciate the candor, Upstate.

I got nailed with a DUI back in August 2011, convicted early last year. I was leaving a bar near the main college campus in my town and got intercepted at a checkpoint less than 2 or 3 miles from my house. I immediately knew I was going to jail. Refused the sobriety test, refused to blow at the scene, went to jail, was told I was refusing the breathalyzer at the station. The State Trooper that took me in was royally pissed and got a search warrant for my blood. Roughly $3,000 - $4,000 and a 24-hour stint in the can later, it was still one of the dumbest things I've ever done and I still can't drive on weekends or after work hours. Quite frankly, its embarrassing as hell and I always keep a crisp $20 in my wallet now for a cab ride home and usually don't go out at all.

While I don't have much of a shot to get into a package car if they bid out new jobs any time soon due to the glut of people waiting to go FT ahead of me, the earliest I could drive would be 2015. There's a slim chance I screwed myself over.

It was a stupid, careless, and very costly mistake and one I have no intention of making twice.