Dumb A** Of The Week Winner....

ups1990

This week's winner of the inaugural DAOTW, goes to Klein. With all due respect, you can't drink a beer while on the clock, while working for UPS.

A close second was probably our Prez, for calling the cop's actions stupidly.

Hopefully, we can make this a weekly award with everyone's imput.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
This week's winner of the inaugural DAOTW, goes to Klein. With all due respect, you can't drink a beer while on the clock, while working for UPS.

A close second was probably our Prez, for calling the cop's actions stupidly.

Hopefully, we can make this a weekly award with everyone's imput.
I concur.

jennie

I really think Klein has not been the first to do that, geesh he was fired, as he knows he should of been. I know many who drink at lunch and drive company vehicles, he just got caught.

fethrs

Jennie, what would happen if there was an accident involving somone you knew (at work) who was drinking, and you didn't report it?

He was drinking on company time, we don't get paid to drink at work we get paid to work. JMO:peaceful:

over9five

Staff member
He was drinking on company time, we don't get paid to drink at work we get paid to work. JMO:peaceful:

Does it make any difference if it was a management employee? (I don't think Jennie said).

Is it ok for a management employee (who doesn't drive a company vehicle) to have a drink for lunch?

jennie

Wow ty again 9, I do realize not to drink on company time, HELLO! I meant others who work in higher positions, and other companies with vehicles other than UPS, was just making a comparison. Just feel people make stupid mistakes and should be punished, but some do not ever get caught, and when you see that, and hear this story, kinda crazy.

fethrs

Does it make any difference if it was a management employee? (I don't think Jennie said).

Is it ok for a management employee (who doesn't drive a company vehicle) to have a drink for lunch?

Good point over, especially if management is trying to impress another corporate person, but I think if it's in the UPS policy book it should be followed by everyone.

I`m sure it happens. I was at a lunch,off the clock,were there were management persons there who did imbibe. I can`t say who went home and who went back to work after it broke up and we parted ways. We`re not talking drunk by any stretch of the means but a beer with late lunch.

Not defending Klein, what he did was not the best idea in the world but by the standards they fired him under, a management person drinking at lunch should also be terminated. The time of day or returning to the work place should not be a consideration.

ups1990

We had a driver in our center who sheeted an air stop and signed for it himself. This alone would nominate him for BC DAOTW. Not only was he not in the area of the respective stop but he didn't have the package inside his car!! Why?..because it was miss loaded in mine.

A

anonymous6

can it be me this week since im looking at BC on my vacation? I haven't won anything since a spelin bee in secnd grade.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
Not defending Klein, what he did was not the best idea in the world but by the standards they fired him under, a management person drinking at lunch should also be terminated. The time of day or returning to the work place should not be a consideration.

I respect your opinion but it does not matter.
Only if he was returning to a UPS facility after lunch would a person be subject to discipline according to the rules.

A

anonymous6

the daotw should be the official who called that stupid penalty on New England that let the Jets win the game.