Dumb Things Mgmt or L.P. has told you, only to later have to backtrack on

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
"Clean In, Clean Out"

no Bluetooth

various "we're not paying for restroom time" schemes

no drinks in cab

no tools

not supplying flashlight batteries (grievance settlement decade ago)

no union pins

put personal items/radio in pkg car/tractor before punching in

print maps before punching in

meetings off the clock

driver can represent you instead of steward

dolly can ride in cab

packages can ride in cab

no lights? No heater? Broken springs? Flat tires? ok to go on road

Drive to lunch location and to next stop on personal time.

Call in and speak to specific manager before coming in when finished (manager on vacation lol).

Not raise hood to inspect steering/brakes on pre-trip

Not perform full 7 step brake test

Not paid for Holiday if calling in sick day before

No boots with shorts

No camera phones

Drivers liable for bad C.O.D. checks

No Front Door D.R.'s

No note-taking during meetings

No copies of documents you sign

Punch out at gas pumps

No going home for lunch (house on route)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot....

Overpaid Union Thug

"Clean In, Clean Out"

no Bluetooth

no drinks in cab

no tools

no union pins

meetings off the clock

dolly can ride in cab

packages can ride in cab

Call in and speak to specific manager before coming in when finished (manager on vacation lol).

No boots with shorts

No camera phones

No Front Door D.R.'s

Punch out at gas pumps

I like the Bluetooth issue. One day we were told not to use bluetooth. Then, I kid you not, the very next day we had a corporate PCM that said that the company recognizes that bluetooth allows us to go hands-free but that they ENCOURAGE us to pull over. We were also given a hand out that we were supposed to sign that stated exactly that. I carry a copy of it in my truck.

As far as the other things on your list goes........ the bulk of the contradictions I notice are between safety rides, harassment rides, and whenever questions about methods are asked during PCMs. Anyone with a decent memory will notice many contradictions during those three things.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Apparently, the management people who text me and call me on my cell phone for work issues are unaware of the rule that supposedly prohibits us from having cell phones in the cab or using them on company time.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Apparently, the management people who text me and call me on my cell phone for work issues are unaware of the rule that supposedly prohibits us from having cell phones in the cab or using them on company time.

I never answered my phone while driving. One day, however, I had just pulled over for a stop when it rang. I answered, and it was a supe asking me where I was so he could bring me a late air.

I asked where he was, and he said he was just crossing XXX bridge. I told him to hang up and pull over after he crossed the bridge and call me back.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was called into the office one morning because a fellow driver had taken a dozen stops off me the day before without permission from God. He knew I had family plans that evening and wanted off a little early. I was told to "quit playing in the sandbox". (never did figure that one out but it was a saying that was used by us guys for years when we were told something stupid).

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The Bluetooth situation is an issue in the building. It creates interference with the smart scanners causing the scanner portion to disassociate from the base unit.

And before anybody says that is rubbish. The issue was fixed in our center when we asked driver to shut off all bluetooth when returning to the building.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The Bluetooth situation is an issue in the building. It creates interference with the smart scanners causing the scanner portion to disassociate from the base unit.

And before anybody says that is rubbish. The issue was fixed in our center when we asked driver to shut off all bluetooth when returning to the building.

I used to turn Bluetooth on just to see if it would mess with stuff.

(Yeah, I was one of those guys.;))

oldngray

nowhere special
You always came off as more of a basic flip phone kind of guy to me.

If it was good enough for Kirk ...

kirk-communicator.jpg

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

I think it's complete rubbish. Bluetooth only works 30 feet at best. If it's losing contact there is a problem with hardware they are using, probably because it came from the lowest bidder. Feeder drivers & shifters are driving all around your building and walking through with bluetooth on all the time. More likely it's that crappy breakroom microwave that has had food nuked so hard in it that the seal is bad. Microwaves are very hostile to wireless. In general, UPS buildings are hostile wireless environments. All that unshielded electrical for the belt system, lots of concrete and metal, the fluorescent lights....basically it's usually buildings designed for 1950's technology being wired, but not adapted, to today's tech.
I guarantee every driver isn't shutting off bluetooth when they return to your building. But being UPS, it's always the driver's fault.

oldngray

nowhere special
When the early DIADs kept crashing UPS tried to come up with excuses to blame drivers instead of admitting the hardware was unreliable.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
All drivers MUST hit their FIRST stop in Orion! 30 seconds after PCM, need you to help another driver with air...
-But I won't hit my first Orion stop since these are before mine.
- have to make an exception today

- ok boss, no problem

Ms.PacMan

Deliver to the address on the SPA label - no exceptions!!! It's always right!

The koolaid was potent when they rolled out EDD.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Deliver to the address on the SPA label - no exceptions!!! It's always right!

The koolaid was potent when the rolled out EDD.

I was working a 22.3 preload/porter gig when PAS/EDD was being implemented in my building.

The day we went live, I was loading three horse trailers going to satellite routes. I saw at least one bad PAL for every five pieces. When I called my supe over, he just grinned and told me to follow the PAL.

Good times.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
"Clean In, Clean Out"

no Bluetooth

no drinks in cab

no tools

no union pins

meetings off the clock

dolly can ride in cab

packages can ride in cab

No boots with shorts

No camera phones

No Front Door D.R.'s

Punch out at gas pumps

this is the WINNER!!! now you can close the thread and make it a sticky. ha ha ha

Hump dump and roll

At the PCM we're told to take the training in the board in regards to damaged packages. Then I follow said training later that day and told don't do that just bring them to the office. Good times, good times.