Dumb Things Mgmt or L.P. has told you, only to later have to backtrack on

BrownTexas

Was given an early am to deliver , that had been attempted earlier but customer was not open yet, I delivered it , it came up late, chose " customer opens after commit time" as reason, was given a warning letter and told was not allowed to use that .............
Yeah. Just always choose other. I'm sure they will throw out that letter when you grieve it though.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Was given an early am to deliver , that had been attempted earlier but customer was not open yet, I delivered it , it came up late, chose " customer opens after commit time" as reason, was given a warning letter and told was not allowed to use that .............

If the first attempt was made by another driver, it would show up late. What did they expect?

Even so, that was the wrong way to code it.

S

selfcancelsignal

While out on an S&V Ride being told by the ORS "I would have backed in that driveway to save miles." then a few days later the same ORS announces that our district is having a contest to see which center can have the least backs.
Sounds like this sup needs to go hang gliding. "What an idiot!"

govols019

You smell that?
There was a time when "customer opens after commit time" was the way were told to sheet packages like that...Now, we have to have a letter on file stating the customers hours before we can use it.

It's hard to keep up when they change the rules all the time.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There was a time when "customer opens after commit time" was the way were told to sheet packages like that...Now, we have to have a letter on file stating the customers hours before we can use it.

There's a new DIAD training module on smart stop 2 stating exactly that, a letter must be on file to use opens after commit time.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I remember standing in a pcm listening to the center manager tell us that if you had a residential saver show late because you hit "commercial" by mistake after getting a signature you were supposed to void the package, resheet it, get the customer to sign again and be careful to hit "residential" this time.
Not 6 months later they had a guy in the office trying to discipline him for dishonesty because he followed that exact procedure.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
They should go through the DIAD choices periodically and eliminate the choices that are no longer viable options. We are no longer permitted to use "unscheduled pickup," "other/other," "open after commit time," etc. so why are they started 'll in the board.

BrownTexas

They should go through the DIAD choices periodically and eliminate the choices that are no longer viable options. We are no longer permitted to use "unscheduled pickup," "other/other," "open after commit time," etc. so why are they started 'll in the board.
Just so they have a way to fire someone for using it.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I still use unscheduled pickup, if it is not a return package have not heard a peep about it