Dumb things you've seen other drivers do

over9five

Staff member
You should see the feeder drivers on their phones at 3am going down the road with a set of doubles.

I was thinking the same thing. Who the heck are they all talking to at 3am??? Each other, I guess.

Or trying to back a 53' trailer on a door talking on cell phone.
Can't they say, "I'll call you back in a couple of minutes."?

Or get a headset?

Good ideas, but a 53ftr is easier to back than a pup.

That's when driver Ray gets followed off the property and off the clock with no witnesses and given a beat down he so richly deserves. There's still room for old school.

I agree.

deathracer

1. lazy coworkers that see a jam/heavy flow coming on the sort belt and decide its time for them to take their break and leave everything to you, seriously what r u thinking.
2.supervisors expect us to start working as soon as its time but nothing is running and they are not even there yet to direct/supervise our work.
3.uloaders/scanners that let bulk go through and you have to either break a jam or try and push a few 100 pound packages down a slide and preload supervisor complains to you about letting bulk go by,seriously what do they expect me to do with it send it back?.
almost forgot one,
was working with some guy a few months back and he starts talking to the loss prevention chick, so im fine with it until he starts spending most of the time outside the trailer talking to her and making me do all the work, then she asks him how do you manage doing this job and going to another job and school, i seriously just felt like yelling out "cause he's lazy and doesn't plan on woking hard" i understand if he's new or is tired but he has been there longer than me and does the same **** everyday and ask me to slow down cause im going to fast.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
1. lazy coworkers that see a jam/heavy flow coming on the sort belt and decide its time for them to take their break and leave everything to you, seriously what r u thinking.
2.supervisors expect us to start working as soon as its time but nothing is running and they are not even there yet to direct/supervise our work.
3.uloaders/scanners that let bulk go through and you have to either break a jam or try and push a few 100 pound packages down a slide and preload supervisor complains to you about letting bulk go by,seriously what do they expect me to do with it send it back?.
almost forgot one,
was working with some guy a few months back and he starts talking to the loss prevention chick, so im fine with it until he starts spending most of the time outside the trailer talking to her and making me do all the work, then she asks him how do you manage doing this job and going to another job and school, i seriously just felt like yelling out "cause he's lazy and doesn't plan on woking hard" i understand if he's new or is tired but he has been there longer than me and does the same **** everyday and ask me to slow down cause im going to fast.
Maybe he thought you meant anyone with a driver's license?

Dustyroads

How about the cover driver who was so nice to work for me last week so I could have a day off, and he neglected to change the name or man number in the diad, so I received his pay. I'm not sure if it was a dumb thing, or just his way of saying, "thanks for letting me run your route while you hang out at home in the air conditioning."

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
How about the cover driver who was so nice to work for me last week so I could have a day off, and he neglected to change the name or man number in the diad, so I received his pay. I'm not sure if it was a dumb thing, or just his way of saying, "thanks for letting me run your route while you hang out at home in the air conditioning."
Bet he said, "OOOPS". :surprised:

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I was on the wrong end of that once. I was training as a cover driver and it was my first day. I was sitting in the jump seat as my on-car sup was driving. Left the bulkhead door open and rounded a turn. The door slammed on my arm before and after my elbow. I couldn't move my arm for 2 days and the bruise was very large and colorful. I was very lucky that I didn't break any bones. The sup is still my on-car sup 5 years later. I remind him of what he did to me when I'm getting the screws put to me from time to time. :)

Three supervisors ago.....sup was training a peak driver. He has driven peak for like 20 years. Anyway...they are both returning to truck. Sup gets in first. Since they had left the bulkhead door open when they had left the car he slams it shut. Little did he know that the peak driver had just reached in and was using the lip of the bulk head door to pull himself into the vehicle. Lopped off his middle finger right at the joint back from the tip.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Three supervisors ago.....sup was training a peak driver. He has driven peak for like 20 years. Anyway...they are both returning to truck. Sup gets in first. Since they had left the bulkhead door open when they had left the car he slams it shut. Little did he know that the peak driver had just reached in and was using the lip of the bulk head door to pull himself into the vehicle. Lopped off his middle finger right at the joint back from the tip.
Gotta love that money! Did the driver get a permanent job?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
52136d1166059834-gtv6-motor-swap-w-non-alfa-motor-breaking_news_-_thread_resurrected-21_dead_thread_br.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Man I would have gone for 8 figures.

aiian

Went to go bail out the POS next to me, it was probably Friday around 8 o'clock but I digress.

Anyway, I back up to him - his rear door rolls up and I'm hit with the biggest, thickest cloud of the dankest green I've smelled in some time.

He now drives a green FedEx truck.