Dumbest accidents/mistakes you've made as a driver

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Probably just had the annual PMI done too.

Or written up for a burning smell.

Mechanic probably wrote in the DVIR. "Adjusted burning smell" parts on order.
Oh man no kidding. I checked my DVIR the other day and he performed a PMI on it right before I came in. I had to put oil in it, put in coolant, power steering fluid, and washer fluid. I really wanted to sparta kick the mechanic.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Once in a while I have complete screw-up days where I completely mess up everything I plan. Like I'll plan to take the second left and take the first left which then requires me to go through a maze of 1-way streets costing me 10 minutes.

I will find an envelope under bulk and plan to attempt it before I leave the business area then realize when I'm deep into my residential area I forgot.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
!

Attachments

• 1414949682980.jpg
    1414949682980.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 322

Future

Victory Ride
Once in a while I have complete screw-up days where I completely mess up everything I plan. Like I'll plan to take the second left and take the first left which then requires me to go through a maze of 1-way streets costing me 10 minutes.

I will find an envelope under bulk and plan to attempt it before I leave the business area then realize when I'm deep into my residential area I forgot.
Right along with ya........pisses the hell out of you

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
The day after a torrential downpour, I attempted a stupid u-turn on a very busy thoroughfare and sank my P1000 axle deep into some old lady's yard. Tail end was still sticking out into said thoroughfare.

9.5er

Was on a rural route one day on one of the older diesel 1000's. Went to back into the driveway to get off the road to make a delivery. Didn't notice the steep slope. Slapped it into reverse, made a picture perfect back until rear bumper hit the gravel. Had just enough momentum to pick rear tires up off the ground. All four rear tires had an inch of daylight under them. Blocked the whole road. Luckily the neighbor had a 4x4 post long enough to jam under them to get myself out. Never knew just how busy the country road really was.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hell no I didn't have my radio tapped in to the trucks electrical system----PROVE IT

I've been down that road before. I had to argue with 5 suit and ties with magnifying glasses about what caused my P800 to burn up.

9.5er

Back when I was part time I was the one that parked the line-up after the shift was over. I have scraped so many trucks and bent more mirror brackets than I could count. Got called into the office for it once told Sup that if they didn't want me to cram 10 trucks into an area big enough for only 9 cars I'd have plenty of room.
Line up didn't get changed but I never heard anything about the minor scrapes anymore.
Because of my parking days I now can drive backwards better than most people can drive forward.