Dump Keter Now!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by X SAFETY, Oct 6, 2007.

X SAFETY Guest

We have been using Keter since 1995, has anyone seen any good come from them. All I have seen is a lot pain and anxiety form management and employees. Does anyone know what the total cost of Keter audit is? Its time to get back to real safety training. Dump the Keter man.
  2. siouxman

siouxman siouxman

you might be a redneck if you name your first born keter
  3. tups

tups New Member

Dump Keter Now??? But Why???? We all need a safety audit slammed in our faces right in the middle of peak, don't we? It's been almost 3 months since those clowns been in our building, so I'd imagine they'll be back soon.
  4. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

Clowns, indeed. All these morons do is slam safety audits in people's faces and mess up the operation. They also bring stress nobody--management OR hourly--needs when you're getting you A%$ handed to you! -Rocky
  5. Six Sides

Six Sides Member

I agree, "Dump The Keter Man"
  6. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

From what I gather reading this forum Ketter was the answer to keeping UPS from getting fined millions by OSHA.
  7. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

It certainly hasn't done much good where I am! Keep in mind I've worked in TWO UPS hubs, too! -Rocky
  8. alister

alister Member

its cheaper to pay Ketter than it is to pay osha. I wish it was cheaper to fix the problem than it was to pay osha or ketter.
  9. MissedBusiness

MissedBusiness NotReallyAMember

its never even a surprise. the keter audits are always known beforehand. some surprise.
  10. X Safety

X Safety Guest

Keter is now owned by Liberty Mutual. Sounds like a conflict of interest. The insurance company does the audit on the people and buildings they insure. You fail and the costs go up.
  11. VTBrown

VTBrown Member

Conflict of interest for an insurance company to want to take a look at WHY they are paying so many claims?

12. Safety

Safety Guest

Actually this could be more then a conflict of interest, it could be a violation of the corporate settlement agreement signed with OSHA back in 1995. In that agreement UPS was to contract with an outside vender to complete audits to insure compliance with OSHA. Liberty Mutual has been processing claims for UPS as a self insured company for decades, as well as doing safety audits and employee observations to reduce risk in the work place. Now that Keter is under the Liberty umbrella this could void them as a truly independent auditor. I would not be surprised if Keter is replaced when their current contract expires in 2008.
  13. mulligan

mulligan mulligan

Keter audits are actually controlled by UPS upper management. I should say the content of the audits. I have had Keter auditors tell me that UPS's submissions to the audits are actually stricter than what OSHA requires.
    Blame upper management, don't get on your local mangement.
  14. BILLYOPP69

BILLYOPP69 New Member

Why bother stressing out about Keter audits, Pass or Fail your still paid on Thursday!!!:laugh:
  15. VTBrown

VTBrown Member

EXACTLY......well Friday.
  16. finaddict

finaddict Member

The company requires I know 5 seeing habits, a 10 point commentary, 8 keys to lifting and lowering, 5 keys to preventing slips and falls, and a Safe Work Method (SWM) review. Well, all the above are printed and given to us on two 3 1/2" by 5 1/2" cards. I keep them on the sink in front of the "throne" and review them between pinches. :crying: Not too tough.:tongue_sm I had to memorize 168 pages of useless military trivia to make SGT at my previous job. :confused:1 (Pretty good selection of smilies by the way)
  17. guyin916

guyin916 New Member

the whole west sacramento hub failed.. lol
  18. Passed

Passed Guest

Has any building passed??
  19. "Has any building passed??"

The only people who pass are the morons who take it home as homework.
  20. LKLND3380

LKLND3380 Active Member

We got a cook out for our building because we passed with a perfect score on the Ketar Audit:thumbup1: