DUP

kingOFchester

Lets say you are at XXX Main street and can't find 1 of the 4 packages on the 5000 shelf. You deliver the three and later that day you find the 4th package on the 7000 shelf.....do you take credit for another stop or do you put it in as a Dup?

I was questioned today why I went back to a stop and didn't sheet as a DUP.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
If I have to return to a stop later in the day to deliver a pkg I couldn't find then I sheet it as another stop. I only use DUP if I find it right away or if I'm a block or 2 away from the stop.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If it is in the wrong section it's another delivery. Same with if a customer requests I come back that's attempt #2 if they are not home so it's another stop.

UPSGUY72

I don't use the DUP function never have and never will. If I can't find it and have to go back it's another stop no matter if it two block or 12 miles. However I do use the Left at function when delivering a number of packages to the main off of a apartment/condo complex or assisted living building.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Either way I still don't use the DUP function. If I have to go back it's another stop.

Today I had a pkg for Walmart that I couldn't find. I found it when I delivered Sam's Club. I sheeted it as dup stop when I went back to Walmart, which was less than 10 minutes after the first delivery. Had I sheeted it as an additional stop my mgt team would have a solid case against me for padding stops.

brownelf

Had 5 DUP stops today, loader was out drinking last nite apparently. Unless someone brings it to me, or we meet and trade misroutes (happens alot) it's a DUP stop in this area. I'm not going to risk my job for a few extra minutes on the daily report.

kingOFchester

Ok, got another one for ya,

You have a NDA, NI1, later that day you are delivering on the street and you notice the customer is now home......DUP or not?
A business has a sign "will return after 2"....do you sheet it as closed, then return after 2?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have a NDA, NI1, later that day you are delivering on the street and you notice the customer is now home......DUP or not?

Duplicate stop.

A business has a sign "will return after 2"....do you sheet it as closed, then return after 2?

You can sheet it as closed and then resheet as a dup stop or you can leave it in EDD and sheet it after 2. If is NDA SVR you should sheet to make sure you beat the commit and then resheet as dup stop when you deliver it.

brownelf

those are all DUP, at least in my world. As far as the business is concerned, I'd make one attempt after 2, showing it as closed before 5 would set off red flags here.

UPSGUY72

those are all DUP, at least in my world. As far as the business is concerned, I'd make one attempt after 2, showing it as closed before 5 would set off red flags here.

There shouldn't even be a DUP button. Like I said I don't use the DUP function never have never will if I have to go back it's another stop. Just like going back to a make another deliver attempt at a address I already been at because the center says I have too it another stop and it Ni2 or Ni3 if they are not there it's not a DUP so why would going back to any other stop for any reason be considered DUP.

rocket man

it depends del to house then you get back to truck oh one more pkg ill hit dup at a commercial stop illl hit dup mcman woman ect if im there

upsman2940

The certification that they gave us stated a premium pkg that you reattempt is a new stop. A pkg that you can't find on your car but locate later is a duplicate. One that was a miss load brought to you later is a new stop. Oms sends you back for 2nd att or for a address correction is a new stop. But I hit duplicate cuz I don't care about their planned days and that takes all the guessing out of it.

Re-Raise

The certification that they gave us stated a premium pkg that you reattempt is a new stop. A pkg that you can't find on your car but locate later is a duplicate. One that was a miss load brought to you later is a new stop. Oms sends you back for 2nd att or for a address correction is a new stop. But I hit duplicate cuz I don't care about their planned days and that takes all the guessing out of it.

This is how I do it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It simply doesn't matter to me.
My allowances are so jacked up that the only way I stay under 9.5 is to under dispatch me.
I haven't dispatched since peak.
I've had the division manager, the center manager, and both on cars ride with me and the best we did was an hour and half over.
None of them can tell me where we went wrong, nor do they seem to have the juice to fix it.
So if they tell me to record them as duplicate, who cares?
Not me, duplicate it is.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok, got another one for ya,

First one is the second delivery attempt on that same package it's not a dup stop. Second sheet as closed and come back the next day.