duping stops...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
hey all...just curious what you do in this situation. You go to a stop in the morning and they have nda so you give it to the business but you cant find the ground /cant get to it. When you go back later and they have a 2nd day air in there(with the ground) do you dup the stop or take credit for another???

also, are there any centers out there that let you take credit for another stop if you cant find the package??? I understand the logic for not doing this on a regular basis but when I have a bricked out truck on most days, not finding things happens regularly....any thoughts?? (I know..dont worry about it, Im paid by the hour..just want some positive feedback from drivers since im getting 0 from mgt)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you deliver ground with air it is one stop. If you deliver air and can't find the ground then come back later that is two stops. If you deliver any stop and can't find the additional pieces, leave the stop, find the package(s) later, redeliver, that is a seperate stop.

Duplicate stop is used like the following, you NI1 and walk back to the truck, customer comes running out and can sign, resheet as duplicate leaving the original NI1 without voiding. Another example is you go to a stop, search for multiple packages for say a dock, customer signs, you go back in the truck and trip over the huge PBteen box you failed to see, you plop it on the dock to get a second signature, that's a duplicate.

These are the rules in our area, YMMV.

barnyard

KTM rider
we will told to deliver air with ground. The day they told us that, several had late air, all said it took so long to dig out the ground, there was nothing they could do.

No another word has been said about delivering air with ground. If you have to go back, it is not a dupe.

westin

Since I start at 730 am, most of my air arrives on my shuttle around 915-930 so I'm hittin 5 to 10 stops twice because of that and I'm not duplicating anything.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You will never get in trouble for running air and then going back and taking another stop for the ground. You are not the idiot that moved the start times back an hour. You should get in trouble for running ground stops first causing a late air. Of course, every Center is different.

Buck Fifty

If you deliver ground with air it is one stop. If you deliver air and can't find the ground then come back later that is two stops. If you deliver any stop and can't find the additional pieces, leave the stop, find the package(s) later, redeliver, that is a seperate stop.

Duplicate stop is used like the following, you NI1 and walk back to the truck, customer comes running out and can sign, resheet as duplicate leaving the original NI1 without voiding. Another example is you go to a stop, search for multiple packages for say a dock, customer signs, you go back in the truck and trip over the huge PBteen box you failed to see, you plop it on the dock to get a second signature, that's a duplicate.

These are the rules in our area, YMMV.

Spot on !!!!!!!!!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You will never get in trouble for running air and then going back and taking another stop for the ground. You are not the idiot that moved the start times back an hour. You should get in trouble for running ground stops first causing a late air. Of course, every Center is different.

so if you run air off 1000 shelf...next day air then go back to the business and have four grounds, one saver and a 2 day air you still take credit for an additional stop even though the saver and 2 day ARE air????This is what I want to know. If I cant get to the other packages by 1030 other than next day, but when I go back they have a saver or 2 day in the load, why should I dup the stop....seems like a gray area..

btg1972

The fact is they are two different stops. Yes they would love you to deliver them all at once under 1 stop but technically you can deliver the air then come back for the ground later which is what happens alot. However if you can deliver all at once in the morning you can sheet the the air, prerecord then sheet the ground and prerecord, then go back in and do a left at commercial for each and then signature after the signature and stop complete it will give you two stops. If your at a residence I sheet each separately and dr each separately. I've been doing this for 13 years and no one has said anything because it is no different then going back for a second stop. It actually saves you time and the company time .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The fact is they are two different stops. Yes they would love you to deliver them all at once under 1 stop but technically you can deliver the air then come back for the ground later which is what happens alot. However if you can deliver all at once in the morning you can sheet the the air, prerecord then sheet the ground and prerecord, then go back in and do a left at commercial for each and then signature after the signature and stop complete it will give you two stops. If your at a residence I sheet each separately and dr each separately. I've been doing this for 13 years and no one has said anything because it is no different then going back for a second stop. It actually saves you time and the company time .

Ummm, that is a no-no....dont do that!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
so if you run air off 1000 shelf...next day air then go back to the business and have four grounds, one saver and a 2 day air you still take credit for an additional stop even though the saver and 2 day ARE air????This is what I want to know. If I cant get to the other packages by 1030 other than next day, but when I go back they have a saver or 2 day in the load, why should I dup the stop....seems like a gray area..
You shouldn't dup the stop if you have air in the morn then go back to the stop later it's 2 different stops end of story.
Not a gray area at all next day air is different it has a commit time.