DWAI IN CO, will it affect me driving?

box_beeyotch

My bad you guys are all mighty and perfect. people have different situations in life next time you look in the mirror ask yourself if you're perfect. Anyone can answer that question for your especially if your judging everyone else when they're seeking advice.

I wasn't judging you. I was making a joke. I know what it's like as I got a DUI when I was 19 with a BAC of .12

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
drunk_driving_full.jpg

Mrodriguez182

Well he better get a copy of it to make sure. What someone told him is going to be on his record and isn't is not always the case in reality.
I got hired on and never said anything about it. But it has popped up on another job at a bank before. But it's considered a traffic infraction.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It doesn't matter what his intoxication level was. The only UPS cares about is his driving record and it's going to say DWAI on it which UPS most likely will consider it a DUI / DWI. THe op has to wait 5 years from date of conviction to drive. It's not a local decision it UPS company wide policy and it all has to due with insurance and liability issues.

Yes, it does matter.

A DUI/DWI is driving when you are over the legal limit. It is a misdemeanor.

The bid sheet specifically says DUI. You are doing something against the law.

A DWAI is a traffic infraction.

If the OP was denied a driving opportunity because of this, I would fight it.

Mrodriguez182

Yes, it does matter.

Exactly!!! That's what I was thinking as well!

browner89

I really hope you don't actually think that.

I don't agree with operating any vehicle while drinking any amount, but I don't think you're impaired in any way when just buzzed a little, at least I'm not. As for Upstates distinction, couldn't care less, driving with any alcohol in you is generally a pretty bad idea regardless of the likelihood of an accident.

UPSGUY72

Yes, it does matter.

Your theory is has a flaw in it. A traffic infraction will get you DQ also just not for 5 years. Also you can get DUI / DWI and be under the limit as there is no limit for DUI / DWI when your under the influence of drugs.

Mrodriguez182

Your theory is has a flaw in it. A traffic infraction will get you DQ also just not for 5 years. Also you can get DUI / DWI and be under the limit as there is no limit for DUI / DWI when your under the influence of drugs.
So what is it then a traffic infraction or a DUI?

Mrodriguez182

Yes, it does matter.

What's op?