DWAI IN CO, will it affect me driving?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Your theory is has a flaw in it. A traffic infraction will get you DQ also just not for 5 years. Also you can get DUI / DWI and be under the limit as there is no limit for DUI / DWI when your under the influence of drugs.

He got a DWAI, not a DUI.

And yes, if he has over 2 moving violations, DWAI just counting as 1, he will be unable to attend driving school.

If the DWAI is the only thing on his record, he is good to go.

Mrodriguez182

He got a DWAI, not a DUI.

And yes, if he has over 2 moving violations, DWAI just counting as 1, he will be unable to attend driving school.

If the DWAI is the only thing on his record, he is good to go.
My record has just my Dwai on it, everything else is two years or older. So I should be good to go tho?

Mrodriguez182

Found out via human resources but it varies by state just in case anyone else is interested here's what I got!

In Colorado, if their license has been suspended or revoked, it is 5 years from the date of reinstatement for them to drive. They cannot have more than 3 citations in the last 3 years total to drive. If his license was not suspended or revoked, he would just have to meet the standard of no more than 3 citations in 3 years. But that is for Colorado, not sure that helps if he is no longer in Colorado. Looks like I'm golden! Thanks for everyone's help!!!!!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Found out via human resources but it varies by state just in case anyone else is interested here's what I got!

In Colorado, if their license has been suspended or revoked, it is 5 years from the date of reinstatement for them to drive. They cannot have more than 3 citations in the last 3 years total to drive. If his license was not suspended or revoked, he would just have to meet the standard of no more than 3 citations in 3 years. But that is for Colorado, not sure that helps if he is no longer in Colorado. Looks like I'm golden! Thanks for everyone's help!!!!!

I believe that in Colorado a DWAI is a misdemeanor, as to why the 5 year wait. It is basically the same as a DUI.

Most states do not even use the DWAI. If your not over the limit, not much they can do.

In the states that do use DWAI, it is usually only a traffic infraction.

Mrodriguez182

I believe that in Colorado a DWAI is a misdemeanor, as to why the 5 year wait. It is basically the same as a DUI.

Most states do not even use the DWAI. If your not over the limit, not much they can do.

In the states that do use DWAI, it is usually only a traffic infraction.
No not the same just cleared with human resources I'm off to driving school.