DWI Question

Griff

Sorry...I was ..(hic) at da bar trying to steady my nerves for the ride home :happy-very:

I don't know what to do with this one. Someone with 3 dwi's asking about a driving job sounds bizzarre. Why isn't he in jail?

I don't think the requirements for a driving job are spelled out in the contract could be wrong. Thought UPS set the standards. I'll have to pull my contract out. Unlike my goon buddies I don;t keep one at home. :happy-very:

The drunk driving issue is an interesting one that we keep fooling ourselves into believing can be controlled.

A person can go to a bar and order an alcoholic beverage. Most sell hard liquor.

Drinking alocoholic beverages impairs your decision making process.

So you make a decision to drink too much.

The bartender makes a couple of bucks an hour and heavily relies on tips. So she will not cut you off unless you fall flat on your face. She may even hook you up with a free drink or two via samples or whatever.

You then drive drunk.

The person who wants to avoid the drunk drivng trap stays away from the bar.

If we really want to fix drunk driving then we should probably close the bars , but we know that won't happen. Or we should make bars enforce a two or three drink limit on every patron.
But instead we keep allowing people to drive to a bar, drink all night and drive home and wonder why we have a problem.

Close the bars?

Enforce a two or three drink limit?

I thought you were a staunch Republican Capitalist there Tieguy? What's wrong, a couple thousand deaths a year is finally too high a price to pay for corporate, state and government profit?

I find this hypocritical coming from people (not just Tieguy in this thread) who openly support George W. Bush and the Iraq war. Hey guys, freedom aint free -- liquor licenses, the commercial taxes and the liquor itself are just part of what makes this great country go round. Death for profit is the American way, doesn't matter who you are, get on board or get out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Close the bars?

Enforce a two or three drink limit?

I thought you were a staunch Republican Capitalist there Tieguy? What's wrong, a couple thousand deaths a year is finally too high a price to pay for corporate, state and government profit?

I find this hypocritical coming from people (not just Tieguy in this thread) who openly support George W. Bush and the Iraq war. Hey guys, freedom aint free -- liquor licenses, the commercial taxes and the liquor itself are just part of what makes this great country go round. Death for profit is the American way, doesn't matter who you are, get on board or get out.

And this ties in with the original point of this thread in what way?

barnyard

KTM rider
We had a guy that signed a bid and had 2 DWI's. He was told he had to be clean for 5 years before he could sign a FT driving bid.

TB

tieguy

Banned
I find this hypocritical coming from people (not just Tieguy in this thread) who openly support George W. Bush and the Iraq war. .

Did not realize I was quite so open.

I have probably been less vocal on Iraq and Bush then any of the regular posters here.

I don't know if my positions contradict my statement on alcohol. Conservatives have always been more prohibition then pro freedom

tieguy

Banned
Yeah, sure have, where ya been?

Sick of politics as usual. Our elected officials spend more time playing games then they do taking care of business. Obama the outsider from the insider will be another one that will talk the big talk and then dissapoint.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The "politics" have been running longer than at any other time in my life. Exciting at first, but now it's just getting old. One person "at the party" needs to go home and she just hasn't realized she's overstayed. Some people just never "get it".

hdkappler

:laughing:are you a driver?or want to be?if you were a driver and did this if i was your sup would of moved you to parttime for 3 years.:laughing:a part timer i would of said noway.i was a c.m. or d.m. it would of been good bye.:laughing:it's wrong it's wrong it's wrooooooooooooooooooooooong.like applying for a job in store then getting caught shoplifting.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
No,its NOT MORE OK! Why throw fuel on the fire?

What state do you live in to start with ? How long ago did you get the DUI s. I know that DUI`s do drop off your public driving record after 7 years, I would look through the contract and not bring it up until the day you give them the copy of your driving record.

And listen up, to start with I think your real stupid driving drunk, more stupid for getting caught 3 times and I hope that no one has been hurt from your actions.

Do you still drink ? are you an alcaholic ? would you drink before reporting to work ? We all make mistakes (some more than others ) but I`m a firm believer in giving people a chance. I think actions speak louder than words and I would hope that you realise just how seriusly you have screwed up and that you are no longer drinking and in some kind of couceling or at least AA. best of luck man

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Is it more ok if you are killed by a non drunk driver?

More fatal accidents are non alcohol related than are.

Thats because theres a hell of a lot more sober people on the roads everyday thank god. and yes , it is more ok if you are killed by a non drunk driver because at least the driver was resposible enough to not DRINK before he got behind the wheel , the odds are against you when your on the roads , why would you willingly decrease them by adding alcahol ?