DWS vs AW

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Briefing Room) — Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) said he had no plans to apologize to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) for a strongly-worded email he sent to the congresswoman.
“That is not happening. This is a pattern I referred to in that email that goes back to 2010,” West said Thursday on Fox Business Network. “Finally I think I have the right to stand up and defend my honor and make sure that this type of activity does cease. I sent her a private email, she decided to make it public by releasing it to the news media.”
In response to a floor speech Wasserman Schultz gave in which she criticized West’s defense of Republicans’ “Cut, Cap, and Balance” legislation, West wrote an email in which he said that the congresswoman did not deserve his respect.
“Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional, and despicable member of the US House of Representatives,” West wrote in the email Tuesday night.
“You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!,” West concluded in the letter.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Politico) — Several House Democratic women on Wednesday called on Rep. Allen West to apologize to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz for his e-mail that called her “vile,” “despicable” and “not a Lady.”
The lawmakers said they were sending a letter to House GOP leadership, asking them to condemn the e-mail from the freshman Florida Republican. The group of five House Democrats said West’s e-mail was indicative of a larger problem — both inside Congress and out — of gender discrimination in the workplace.
“For his own good, they ought to take him into the woodshed and say, ‘if you want to survive in this work environment, you’ve got to keep your word, you’ve got to be cordial and congenial and civil even when you’re disagreeing,” said Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) “It makes for a very hard career otherwise.”
“Sticks and stones will not break Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz’s bones, and neither will Congressman West’s Blackberry,” added Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) who charged that in other workplaces, West would be hit with a sexual harassment claim.
So far, West’s office has stood by the e-mail, sent late Tuesday afternoon to Wasserman Schultz and copied to House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, and West’s chief of staff, Jonathan Blyth. West has since sent fundraising letters referencing the e-mail, asking his supporters to donate money to defend himself from Wasserman Schultz — who is also chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Fox News) — The head of the Congressional Black Caucus told Fox News on Wednesday that members are “furious” about the incendiary email Rep. Allen West sent to the Democratic party chairwoman, saying he’s going to speak with the Florida Republican about the matter.
“It’s unfortunate,” Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., said. He could not say whether the CBC would seek to discipline its only Republican member, but claimed lawmakers were upset the incident has brought “undue attention” to the caucus.
West fired off an email Tuesday to Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, calling her “vile, despicable and cowardly” for calling into question his stance on Medicare on the House floor.
The CBC was planning to discuss the email at its weekly meeting Wednesday, but votes got in the way and the caucus now plans to discuss the issue at a later date.
In the meantime, Cleaver said, “I’m going to talk to him.”
Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., another member of the CBC, said he was “shocked” to see the language West had employed.
“We have really got to make sure that we maintain a high level of civility,” he said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I saw the letters A and W and thought this was going to be about root beer floats. Damn disappointing!! DWS....Dancing with the stars while drinking root beer floats ??

Oh well, as long as I'm here, I would never support a politician named Elijah......no offense to all of you Elijahs out there.....just sayin!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The Liberals dont like West because he is black...they are racists. Oh...and the CBC are a bunch of uncle toms. Hey i sound like a Democrat. :funny:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Allan West only showed his stupidity in this matter. He will ultimately apologize despite his public opposition. Time is not on his side. West showed his ignorance as he did when he was kicked out of the army.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Somebody needed to shut that broad up. Even Obama cringed when she said "It's our economy, we own it." Obama was thinkin', just do Dallas, Debbie !!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
let's see how this all happened; DWS on the House floor goes against the rules and publicly calls AW names, AW sends a private email to DWS to stand up for himself, DWS releases the private email to the media, DWS now goes on cable news and says AW has cracked under the pressure, The Black Caucus ( where AW is the only Republican ) is upset, Female House members are now making their own demands, and tos jumps right in line like a good kool-aid drinker that he/she is.

Now one must recall that DWS has stated that AW was for Medicare cuts { seeing how Florida has so many seniors citizens } which is strange since DWS was the one who voted for obamacare and it's $500M Medicare cuts.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here's the private message AW sent;
Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me.
Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige.
You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself forthright against your heinous characterless behavior … which dates back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October 2010 in Deerfield Beach.
You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!

moreluck

golden ticket member
143knxx.gif

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"The national debt stood at $10.6 trillion when Barack Obama became president. Now, two and a half years later, it’s at $14.3 trillion. A forty percent increase..........no wonder A.W. is under pressure..........

http://townhall.com/columnists/starparker/2011/07/25/allen_wests_gentlemanly_behavior/page/full/

MORELUCK,

when President Bush took office , the national debt stood at a 10 billion dollar SURPLUS and when he left office 8 years later, he left a 10.7 trillion dollar deficit, can you do us all a favor and calculate the increase in debt by percentage as well on this math problem?

I going to bet you dont want to see that number, and then further calculate how OBAMA has had to deal with that increase as the country failed before he took office.

Peace.

MORELUCK,

when President Bush took office , the national debt stood at a 10 billion dollar SURPLUS and when he left office 8 years later, he left a 10.7 trillion dollar deficit, can you do us all a favor and calculate the increase in debt by percentage as well on this math problem?

I going to bet you dont want to see that number, and then further calculate how OBAMA has had to deal with that increase as the country failed before he took office.

Peace.
That $10 billion surplus so many democrats love to throw out there has been debunked as a paper manipulation and was not a true surplus. What makes it worse is that you know it, I know it, nearly everybody knows. one more time around the dance floor.

moreluck

golden ticket member
President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. President Obama has already in­creased this spending by 20 percent.

President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama would continue that trend.

President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That $10 billion surplus so many democrats love to throw out there has been debunked as a paper manipulation and was not a true surplus. What makes it worse is that you know it, I know it, nearly everybody knows. one more time around the dance floor.

TRIP, welcome to DC politics.

I assume you will then admit reagan ran a deficit in every year that he was president leaving a 3.7 national debt , correct? Or are you going to tell me how the "great communicator" was a fiscal genious as FOXED SPEWS trys to say.

One thing is for certain, take away the surplus, there was no deficit. So start BUSH at Zero and calculate the % of increase in national debt ending at 10.7 trillion and a complete freefall of the american economy and post the increase number for us all to see and then compare to Obamas increase.

The difference between the two is simple. ONE president was increasing debt (BUSH) and running this country into the ground, the other (Obama) has raised the debt trying to save the nation from a depression, tell me this isnt the case.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
TRIP, welcome to DC politics.

I assume you will then admit reagan ran a deficit in every year that he was president leaving a 3.7 national debt , correct? Or are you going to tell me how the "great communicator" was a fiscal genious as FOXED SPEWS trys to say.

One thing is for certain, take away the surplus, there was no deficit. So start BUSH at Zero and calculate the % of increase in national debt ending at 10.7 trillion and a complete freefall of the american economy and post the increase number for us all to see and then compare to Obamas increase.

The difference between the two is simple. ONE president was increasing debt (BUSH) and running this country into the ground, the other (Obama) has raised the debt trying to save the nation from a depression, tell me this isnt the case.

Peace.

Obama PROMISED to cut the deficit in half in his first 2 years !!! Reneger!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
tos, that's comical , " (Obama) has raised the debt trying to save the nation from a depression", well then why is this economy still going down ?