Dying Down

nystripe96

Other than this past Monday which was simply epic, the week has been getting much lighter each day. I thought the entire week before Christmas would be chaos, but it hasn't been the case at all aside from Monday. I'm glad peak is finally ending.... my body is ok, but I wake up very groggy each day from the long hours of insane work. The 3 to 4 hour shifts after peak are going to seem like a walk in the park compared to the chaotic mess I saw first hand. A tidal wave of packages backed up to the high pick with heavy flow belt wide is an overwhelming spectacle which an outsider must see to believe. Merry Christmas to all, time for some R&R :)

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
We died down a bit yesterday, however mgmt. was able to find a way to screw it up and leave guys out over 12 hours anyway.

1 day to go, merry christmas all.

nystripe96

We died down a bit yesterday, however mgmt. was able to find a way to screw it up and leave guys out over 12 hours anyway.

1 day to go, merry christmas all.

Our supervisors played a trick on us Thursday night telling us the flow was heavy. I'm usually holding down two trucks on my PD each night either 108 & 109. They put me in 109 and a few others, and rather than open and close the diverter so both trucks could get flow, they let it get backed up and let everything ride to 109. They had us power loading and scanning in 109 as a joke. The guys with seniority were steaming at first but were actually cool about it, and my supe was crackin up.

S

splozi

Wednesday and Thursday, my area was light... unusually light. The type of light where I can walk around and help sort for people in other areas. I was looking forward to another light day today. No such luck. I arrive right on time, and my area is already piling up with crap. And it just kept coming and coming... like a nympho.

And then on one of the trucks, the 7000 section was all sequenced within 7000-7100, and the same with 8000's, which is atypical for that truck... so I had a blast trying to organize that.

What a day.

nystripe96

I'm figuring it'll be a lot of next day airs on my shift tonight, but who knows. I'm guessing it'll be a light night, but all I really care about is my 3 day weekend coming up haha

UPSGUY72

Went out with 280 yesterday and a helper got punched out at 2013. Today went out with 77 when other drivers still had 200 + stops. Ended up taking 40 off one driver. Going to punch out tonight at 1800 if not before.

rocket man

Other than this past Monday which was simply epic, the week has been getting much lighter each day. I thought the entire week before Christmas would be chaos, but it hasn't been the case at all aside from Monday. I'm glad peak is finally ending.... my body is ok, but I wake up very groggy each day from the long hours of insane work. The 3 to 4 hour shifts after peak are going to seem like a walk in the park compared to the chaotic mess I saw first hand. A tidal wave of packages backed up to the high pick with heavy flow belt wide is an overwhelming spectacle which an outsider must see to believe. Merry Christmas to all, time for some R&R :)
peak has just begun the helpers go away and after christmas packages roll in all the send agains from shops that were closed . it dont level out till first of march.