E- Cigarette anyone !!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Smokings bad for you, smokin against the law for drivers,etc........

Just skip the lecture cause it's to late; I've been smoking for yrs......... I want to quite because of said knowledge but it ain't happening yet !!!!

I started on them today and much better then I expected. I get the same effect from nicotene , still have in my hand and still inhale but it's water vapor instead of smoke.

I've done alot of researching and it has no risk of cancer and you only inhale nicotene with water vapor and no tar or any of the other countless chemicals in a real cigarette. They even sell reduced nicotene level cartridges and even have flavor ones with no nicotene to go towards quiting all together.

Another plus is that there is no bad odor and no second hand smoke. Note: it's smokeless.

It's not illegal to use E- cig. in public places or buildings. (Look into it before anyone argues against it, I did.)

Anyone of you ever try the electronic cigarettes ????

How about while driven UPS truck ??

How about trying to smoke in building ???

I'm not thinking of trying in building cause I'm not up for arguing about it cause it does look like a cigarette from a distance and it does puff out water vapor appearing like smoke so it would be easy to mistake and I don't feel like explaining and going through hoopes to prove the legality of it.

I am going to smoke this in truck though cause It's not against the law !!!

So, have any UPS smokers tried E-cig ? do u like/dislike?

Any issues with managers like being pulled over and told not to smoke in truck ????

It is a little bigger then a real cig and heavier but it is alot cheaper then a carton.

1 cartridge = 1.5 pack o smokes. 1 cartridge $1.60 in my area vs. $4.00+ a a pack of real smokes.

Lots of positive health and cost benifits to this if you are a smoker that don't have it in you to quit.

OptimusPrime

Always found it extremly odd it's cool to smoke on car. They go on and on about cellphones, and not using the DIAD whilst in motion, but the old school guys can light up and puff away and no one mentions it.

S

splozi

We have a person in our building that uses one of these. She uses it as she pleases and nobody minds. However, it does happen to look like she's smoking a crack pipe.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Johnny tried kicken Turkey but that little bird is fast.
Johnny wants to quit because he's willing and ABLE 2, not because he is being forced too!! Seriously though, if it was that easy then I would've by now but I can't have hypocracy force me 2 quit. meaning, managers smoke while driven UPS truck and bumm smokes off me. Example of hypocracy.

I know there are many drivers out there still smoking. I work with 'em and see them outta other centers driven with smoke rolling out the door. Anyone of you guys try this e-cig and have any " issues"?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quoting smoking doesn't mean smoking something else. Kick it cold turkey. Will power is all you need.
I agree !!! 48 years of smoknig and quit Sept. 2008, cold turkey. Didn't want to get hooked on anything else, like Nicorette gum.

Just change your "smoking circumstances" and it's easier than you think.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I agree !!! 48 years of smoknig and quit Sept. 2008, cold turkey. Didn't want to get hooked on anything else, like Nicorette gum.

Just change your "smoking circumstances" and it's easier than you think.
Smoked for 18 years. Driving the truck isn't going to change and everyone I talk to says that's one of the main triggers. I personally did the patches, shots, and then Chantix. I can without a doubt tell you Chantix is hands down the best thing ever for quitting, especially in our line of work. Been smoke free for 2 years now and feel sooooooo much better. I know that I'll live longer and be able to enjoy retirement without health complications from smoking.

Like I said if anyone is intrested in quitting, give Chantix a try and talk to your doctor about it as you'll need a prescription anyways. The pills are pretty pricey and it's a 3 month thing but you won't get all those withdrawal feelings while on it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Any prescription will have a list of possible side effects a mile long----thats called CYA. Just Google common asprin side effects and see what I mean.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Any prescription will have a list of possible side effects a mile long----thats called CYA. Just Google common asprin side effects and see what I mean.

You're right, although I think it's the possible "thoughts of suicide" that got my attention as a potentual side effect with Chantix.

ikoi62

i smoked when i drove,2 packs a day. light up put it on the dash make a delivery get back to the truck it was burnt up on the shelf. took inside job and smoked whenever i wanted till they started moving the smoking area all over the place. took the chantix and stopped smoking about 2 weeks later, haven't smoked in 7 years. took the money i used to buy cigs with and used it to buy a new truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
You're right, although I think it's the possible "thoughts of suicide" that got my attention as a potentual side effect with Chantix.

Oh come on----don't tell me you have never woke up with a terrible hangover and thought " somebody put me out of my misery - please" . I see possible side effects of asprin are:

black-bloody or tarry (whatever the hell that is) stools

coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds

hearing problems

Ok- I looked up tarry and its just what it is--looks like tar