E- Cigarette anyone !!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Good to hear of you that have quit after X yrs. I've quit a few times in the past but usually stress would trigger me back withen 2 weeks.
I want to quit for health reasons but just have'nt due to the surprises that this job brings, other stress factors as well as admitently just not mentally ready to let it go so I'm trying this as substatute cause I'm a figiture. I'm expressive with my hands as I talk, always doing something and part of the smokeing trigger for me is to have a cig in hand. Patches ease the nicotine but then I'm "empty handed".

It's stressful enough to quit and fail on my own but to get pulled over and lectured about smoking in truck is not allowed and will get write up for "safety" while nearing my D.O.T. max on a crazy day of covering 5 zip codes and meet points taking stops is just not going to inspire me to quit. Especially knowing the many managers in my area and other hubs that I've personally seen and been in truck smoking with as they bum cigs off me. It just adds to the stress.

I'll be glad when I quit and my kids are waiting for that day but my blood gets a little hot on occassion and I take it out on the smoke.
I don't need someone stalking me while I'm busting butt and no passenger to get effect of 2nd hand smoke.

The whole intension of the lawq was due to 2nd hand smoke to passengers. I let the truck air out back to building and doors wide open threw most of the year.

The police C us UPSers smoking all the time and knows we stressed and don't say a thing so why do we need to pay someone to drive around pulling us over ? If UPS can afford that then they can afford to give us a pretty good New CONTRACT coming up. Say no unless you are real happy with what is presented.

Better dispatch. More drivers . 8 hr days. We with a working knowledge of budget - finance don't need the overtime and overtime is counter productive due to "production" & safety!!!!!!

It would be easier to quit smoking with a contract like that. :usaflag2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quit making excuses for why you can't quit.....just admit it, that little white piece of rolled up paper owns you !!! You are a slave to a form of plant !!!

If you can't say, "I don't need you", then you'll never quit.

Everybody has stress, yet everybody doesn't smoke. Just do it!! IMUA!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I already have a list of things "not to due".

Can't have a goatee unless on vacation just to shve it and have a Goatee Tan Line. Funny. Next u know, they'll issue us mandatory P.J's to sleep in with a UPS Baby monitor to make sure we don't have any "strenous" bed arobics past a certain time allowance!!! etc...