Early AM

iruhnman630

So lets get this straight... A satellite run has a 9.5 day now you have to tack on another hour and half drive time that the regular driver does not have.
Be thankful your cover guys actually get paid for the 90 minutes. In our center, that time and gas and travel expense is on the driver.

nicky

We had a driver plan out 13.31 hours... LOL then they wanted to know why he ran over and almost violated DOT....

Lets put it this way in our centthats funny....around here most every route plans 8.3 no matter whats on the car...no matter how many stops and pieces you have
Which is why numbers dont matter.... When they ask what you were doing "working safely" is the only answer.

nicky

The ruling was that if the drive to the satellite from the drivers home was farther than the drive to the building that he would start in the building and take a package car out to the satellite. If the satellite is closer he goes there and gets nothing as he would have driven more to get to the building.

iruhnman630

File for it we had to fight it out but that grievance has been won!
Interesting to know, should the situation ever come up again where I am forced to run the sat route again. Hasn't happened for a few years now. I'm not the low man anymore.

Boggles my mind that the union ever accepted the practice in the first place, essentially forcing a driver to give the company unpaid time and free fuel.

nicky

Interesting to know, should the situation ever come up again where I am forced to run the sat route again. Hasn't happened for a few years now. I'm not the low man anymore.

Boggles my mind that the union ever accepted the practice in the first place, essentially forcing a driver to give the company unpaid time and free fuel.

Whats worse is the company thinks its a good idea. For the regular guys they live within 10 minutes of the satellite, and are 40 minutes from teh building. But for that they have to pay three guys 30 minutes to unload the trailer and load the cars, they are paying more for fuel, paying someone to store the vehicles.